NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

Hey American Adventurists! I'm excited that I found my way to this page. I've had this crazy need to wander for several years now, and finally pulled the trigger and purchased a vehicle (Jeep) that can get me to those places. I actually found this group because another fellow Jeep that I see parked by my workplace had the American Adventurist sticker on his rig. Next thing you know, I look up the site, and boom... I'm here. I'm definitely a noob and plan on learning lots here. I'll be going to the Overland Expo (West) this weekend. Maybe I'll get lucky and get to meet some of you in person.

Welcome. We will have an American Adventurist booth in the vendor area, Oasis A and as Jismay said, there is a large group that will be in the camping area. Make sure you hit both spots and say hello

Thanks! I found the thread, will look for you guys. I'm late to the game and the campground is sold out. Will wait to see f they open up more spots.
Too bad on the camping. You're still more than welcome to come and hang out. I'll spot you a beer at a minimum.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hey! I'm Tyler, from Austin, TX. Recently acquired a Tacoma and have been building it out to do more vehicle oriented travel/camping. The truck tends to accommodate the lady and the dog a lot better than backpacking. Look forward to reading through the content here and getting to know some of y'all.
If your in or coming through the Austin area feel free to reach out!

Greetings, I'm another Thom : ) and just found this forum while doing some reading over at Facebook and the 2016 Overland gathering. Looking at the many posts I saw "American Adventurist" and it sounded like a place I need to check out. I registered with my forum name "Accrete" i've used since I started my domain by the same name ~20 years ago. As a bit of background I have spent the last 3 decades with some sort of overland rig in the driveway. The current rig is a 2010 Chevy AWD cargo van that my wife ( Cari - an amazing MacGirlver! ) and I have built up from stock to what it is today. It also doubles as her daily driver...

accreteChevyAWDcurrent.jpg

Some of the work was completed by pros, but the design/vision and bulk of what it is was completed by my wife and I over a five year period mod by mod. As with the other forums I visit (Expo, SMB, etc) I can imagine lots of great info to be shared and gleaned here at AA. I look forward to reading through the various areas and builds.

Thom's Timeless Tip : Husbands, let your wife drive the cool rig. She will never argue about that lift kit, bumpers, or other mod you want to put on "Her" rig.

To safe adventures!
Thom
PS...I added my name and some details after reading a gazillion intro's by others :)

Last edited:
Hi American Adventurist members,

I'm a beginning Overlander living in Los Angeles. I have a 2014 Tacoma Off-Road (still stock) that I'm about to start modifying, and this feels like the perfect place to get advice on key decisions I'll be making. I look forward to running my questions and ideas past you all and getting your feedback.

I work as a designer/animator/filmmaker, primarily creating content for sports promotion. Time permitting (I have an 18 month old son), I'll be using these skills to document my Taco build and future adventures, which I will share with you as well.

Greetings all, I stumbled on this website and like what I've seen. I'm away on business until Nov. then looking at doing a trip when I get home. I plan on using this place to work on my rig and plan my trip.

Greetings all, I stumbled on this website and like what I've seen. I'm away on business until Nov. then looking at doing a trip when I get home. I plan on using this place to work on my rig and plan my trip.

Welcome!

*Dramatic string music plays, the volume rises, and smoke pours out of smoke machines across the stage. Lights come on slowly and and spotlights point to a single spot in the center of the stage, illuminating a 6 foot, 165 lb 18 year old wearing basketball shorts and an American Adventurist shirt. He speaks:*

Hi guys.

It's the moment you have all been waiting for; YoungProdigy is on American Adventurist. Who is YoungProdigy you say?
DSC02560.JPG

This Guy^

My name is Cameron Collins and I am the son of Mark Collins, though some of you may know him better as "Haggis." I have taken up the mantle and joined American Adventurist to now catalogue my adventures in my 2007 FJ Cruiser Hattori "The Ghost" Hanzo the same way my father has before. Here's to family. Here's to Legacy. Viva la American Adenturist.
IMG_0243-001.JPG

*Dramatic string music plays, the volume rises, and smoke pours out of smoke machines across the stage. Lights come on slowly and and spotlights point to a single spot in the center of the stage, illuminating a 6 foot, 165 lb 18 year old wearing basketball shorts and an American Adventurist shirt. He speaks:*

Hi guys.

It's the moment you have all been waiting for; YoungProdigy is on American Adventurist. Who is YoungProdigy you say?
View attachment 22175
This Guy^

My name is Cameron Collins and I am the son of Mark Collins, though some of you may know him better as "Haggis." I have taken up the mantle and joined American Adventurist to now catalogue my adventures in my 2007 FJ Cruiser Hattori "The Ghost" Hanzo the same way my father has before. Here's to family. Here's to Legacy. Viva la American Adenturist.
View attachment 22176

Welcome Cameron!

:home

Hi All,

Wanted to introduce ourselves. We are Scott and Heather. Found american adventurist and excited to join the community.

We've spent the last two years building a custom overland camper we use to surf as well as provide free medical care out of, with the goal being to do the panam in sections. It started out on a Unimog, then got rebuilt to go on our current f550. Its still a little ways from done, but here are some pics of how it is now.

0237D633-2CA4-4E0F-9985-4EAA15046991.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The area underneath the camper we are currently in fabrication for a flatbed and a big set of storage boxes and all of our heavy items like water tanks etc will live down there.

Hoping to make the next rendevous!

Doug - Canadian, 28. Going to California as often as possible for an outdoor playground. Going June 28 - July 10, open to ideas for:

- Joshua Tree
- Anze Borrego
- San Diego-Vegas-LA roadtrip.

Taking a rental car. Tempted by Off The Grid rentals to hook up - but I know desert will destroy you in a camper/tent during the summer.

Currently drive a KLR back home - take it around and across the border into Western New York as often as possible.

Rented from MotoQuest and did PCH in a BMW F700GS as well as a 25 foot camper from CruiseUSA - both last summer a few months apart. Love the PCH!

Tips on outdoor adventure jobs in California and how a Canadian may attain them - background in Corporate and Charitable marketing, events, and project management.

Welcome Doug from Canada. Post up your detailed plans in the Adventure Planning section of the forum and we all can offer our best tips. Most of us are based in the area.

Back
Top Bottom