NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

Welcome Basil! Looking forward to seeing / hearing about your adventures out west!

Wicked looking FJ, BTW! The dude abides!

Hey everybody! I'm Keat and my wife is Alison, we are from Livermore, ca. We drive in my 90 Toyota pickup for our adventures. We love camping, hiking, 4wheeling, and just enjoying the great outdoors! Looking forward to connecting with the members and going on some group outings!!

Hey all! My name is Stephen. I just found this group and I knew it was for me. I found it through my Instagram feed. I used to be a lot more into adventures, but had an injury that took me out for a while and it was tough getting back. I am finally being very proactive and getting myself out there again. Its just a matter of will and determination. It's great to come across a group such as this as it can really motivate and inspire me, and hopefully I can in turn inspire others. It's a beautiful world. I want to start taking it in and being a part of it again. Thanks, guys!

Hey all! My name is Stephen. I just found this group and I knew it was for me. I found it through my Instagram feed. I used to be a lot more into adventures, but had an injury that took me out for a while and it was tough getting back. I am finally being very proactive and getting myself out there again. Its just a matter of will and determination. It's great to come across a group such as this as it can really motivate and inspire me, and hopefully I can in turn inspire others. It's a beautiful world. I want to start taking it in and being a part of it again. Thanks, guys!

Welcome Stephen! I can relate brother, where are you located?

Welcome Stephen! I can relate brother, where are you located?
I am way up north! I live in northern Minnesota in Warroad. I am not even kidding when I say I can see Canada from here. Although, I did grow up in Montana and after college I lived in Las vegas, NV and at Grand Canyon, AZ.

Welcome Stephen and Basil!

(Sorry if I missed anyone. Limited visibility on this tiny screen!)

I love the photography, Basil, and look forward to your adventure reports. You certainly have an eye for it.

And Stephen, your story is intriguing right out of the gate. Many of us struggle with knowing the excuses keeping us from living the lives we want are only marginally more powerful than the reasons we want to live them. Always nice when someone shares the sincerity of the journey--it's inspiring.

Looking forward to your posts, too, mate.

Hey y'all,

I'm Andrew and new to the forum. I've been following the IG account for quite some time but recently discovered all that the site has to offer!

Myself along with my brother and good friend run a fledgling group called Texas Overland and are about 400 members strong right now. We're planning our first event in March 2016 in the piney woods of East Texas as a scavenger hunt using only GPS coordinates that will eventually take each participant to basecamp where we'll have a Tread Lightly instructor give us some learnin'.

Here is a photo of my rig parked next to my brother's when we took our mom out on her first camping/overlanding experience. I drive a 97 manual trans Toyota 4Runner and my brother has a 99 auto 4Runner.

I'm excited to dig through trip reports and share some of my own!

Attachments

• Gypsy Family Final.jpg
    Gypsy Family Final.jpg
    512.8 KB · Views: 56
Welcome, y'all!

I'm digging the Yotas - and the Cabelas picnic table. Haha.

Looking forward to your updates, sir. I lived in El Paso for a number of years when I was a kid, have cut across the panhandle dozens of times, and even made the I-35 run from Wichita to Houston (straight through) more than once. Never seen eaten Texas, though. Will be eye opening, I'm sure.

Okierover checking in.
I'm new to overlanding.
Looking forward to meeting on the trail.
d57e651e2a35a0f5a4e960fc7c1f73b5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Welcome, @RoamingTimber what lead you to Washington? Pictures of the truck? What do you like best about the great outdoors?
I wanted to love someplace with easy access to the mountains and the ocean, I like the cold so I went as far north as could in the continental US. It's hard to say what I like best about the outdoors, the beauty, the tranquility, the ability to challenge yourself, the fun, probably just the freedom. As far as my rig goes she's a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, V8 and quadra-drive, 2.5" lift, 32" general grabber at2's and a home made tire carrier. More mods to come as I work on making her the best family adventure rig I can.
1DE35ADF-B7AF-49C1-A5E6-3A29E14E5F98.jpg

Back
Top Bottom