NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

Hello everyone my name is Bart Miller and I live on the eastern shore of Maryland. I drive a 2013 Toyota Tacoma. I enjoy the outdoors to include hunting, fishing and shooting sports. In my free time I enjoy over landing & endurance Road racing

IMG_20150830_173139027.jpg
My Name is Nathan, have a 08 Tacoma. Just got my hammock setup finished for this and overland Expo East

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone from Spain! I´m Jose Luis and I live in south Spain. I love overland travels. I haven't a expedition vehicle but it is coming.......

This is my new project.

11891141_1057211264303559_3842630122538246275_n.jpg

Welcome Uro Camper!!!

:thumbsup

Hello everyone from Spain! I´m Jose Luis and I live in south Spain. I love overland travels. I haven't a expedition vehicle but it is coming.......

This is my new project.

11891141_1057211264303559_3842630122538246275_n.jpg

You have my attention

Was advised to introduce myself. My name is Steve, I currently live in North Carolina and I am planning on attending the Appalachian Rendezvous in September and spending Friday night possibly Fri and Sat. Also hope to go to the Expo East event in October for a day trip on Saturday the 3rd making a day trip out of it as I don't think I'd fit in very well with what looks to be a more seasoned crowd. Just trying this type of thing out as a tourist to see what it's all about. I don't have any dutch oven skills or a dutch oven for that matter because my camp cooking has always been geared toward myself so I don't think I will have anything to offer in that department. If someone needs something brought I could stop and pick that up to add to the meal. Am a bit of a lone wolf until I am comfortable in a particular situations so I hope no one takes offense if I stick to my stinky candle, cold spaghetti o's and/or a refreshing craft beer.

Have lived in the midwest and on the east coast and travel extensively in those regions giving me access to some great Jeeping from Oklahoma to North Carolina and all parts in between which has been a blessing and a curse. Fell in love with offroading at an early age just to watch some of my favorite places on earth slowly be gated and paved over in the last few years. Frankly I am looking into overlanding because I feel the sport I love is dying but I'd like to have some connection to getting offroad and relaxing outdoors even if it's just packing a Jeep for the weekend and throwing a tent up somewhere with grass, gravel or dirt under my feet.

I currently own a '15 JKUR with some minor modifications. Hope to be fully skid plated by the AR. Would like to be trussed and sleeved as well but quality offroad shops are hard to find in this area so that is a maybe. Looked through the pictures of previous events both in NC and other places and while my current setup isn't up to some of the high standards of offroad trailers, RTT's and Mog's I am looking forward to attending none the less.

Welcome Steve! We won't take offense at your absence at the potluck if you decide not to sample the treats, just as long as you don't get offended if we pull up a chair and warm ourselves by your citronella candle. :D

Your experience is very similar to many of ours too, as more and more space gets legislated away for our access. Responsible use like you advocate is one of our core missions and thanks for being part of that.

At the Rendezvous there are several small business owners who are experienced and skilled OHV fabricators, plus there will be a few similar Jeeps to scrutinize

Hello guys, my name is Rin and I'm from Asbury, NJ. I eat and sleep all things outdoors, especially off road vehicles and travel. I currently have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon that is a build in progress. I will be sure to create a proper build thread that catches everyone up to speed on the build. I also work at OK4WD & James Baroud USA as a day job so feel free to hit me up with any tech questions or advice you may need.

Cheers

Hello guys, my name is Rin and I'm from Asbury, NJ. I eat and sleep all things outdoors, especially off road vehicles and travel. I currently have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon that is a build in progress. I will be sure to create a proper build thread that catches everyone up to speed on the build. I also work at OK4WD & James Baroud USA as a day job so feel free to hit me up with any tech questions or advice you may need.

Cheers

Rin! Glad to see you joined. You going to be able to make it to Appalachian Rendezvous? We got room for you to show us your Tank!

Hey everyone, my name is J.R. I live in Ocean City, Maryland, and drive an 03 Range Rover. My brother Bart (further up on this page) got me into overlanding a few years ago. In my spare time I enjoy road course racing, riding my motorcycles, boating or working on my rover or my car. Can't wait for Appalachian Rendezvous!

Hey everyone, my name is J.R. I live in Ocean City, Maryland, and drive an 03 Range Rover. My brother Bart (further up on this page) got me into overlanding a few years ago. In my spare time I enjoy road course racing, riding my motorcycles, boating or working on my rover or my car. Can't wait for Appalachian Rendezvous!

Welcome J.R!
:MD

I'm trying but it looks like this year might not happen.. :( I have to sub in as a trail guide at a Jeep Jamboree. I will be sure to amrk my calendar early for next year!

Hi all, been at the vehicle travel for along time. Living in Tampa, Fl but have been all over the U.S. and a few places south of the border.

I have a built 96 tacoma that has been my hard use truck since 2004. I recently picked up a 1 owner low mileage 97 cruiser. It is currently my dd but will retire from that position in about 1.5 years to become the family adventure rig after I build it up.

Looking forward to meeting alot of you in a few weeks at ARV.

Hi all, been at the vehicle travel for along time. Living in Tampa, Fl but have been all over the U.S. and a few places south of the border.

I have a built 96 tacoma that has been my hard use truck since 2004. I recently picked up a 1 owner low mileage 97 cruiser. It is currently my dd but will retire from that position in about 1.5 years to become the family adventure rig after I build it up.

Looking forward to meeting alot of you in a few weeks at ARV.

Welcome To American Adventurist Brian!

:FL

Was advised to introduce myself. My name is Steve, I currently live in North Carolina and I am planning on attending the Appalachian Rendezvous in September and spending Friday night possibly Fri and Sat. Also hope to go to the Expo East event in October for a day trip on Saturday the 3rd making a day trip out of it as I don't think I'd fit in very well with what looks to be a more seasoned crowd. Just trying this type of thing out as a tourist to see what it's all about. I don't have any dutch oven skills or a dutch oven for that matter because my camp cooking has always been geared toward myself so I don't think I will have anything to offer in that department. If someone needs something brought I could stop and pick that up to add to the meal. Am a bit of a lone wolf until I am comfortable in a particular situations so I hope no one takes offense if I stick to my stinky candle, cold spaghetti o's and/or a refreshing craft beer.

Have lived in the midwest and on the east coast and travel extensively in those regions giving me access to some great Jeeping from Oklahoma to North Carolina and all parts in between which has been a blessing and a curse. Fell in love with offroading at an early age just to watch some of my favorite places on earth slowly be gated and paved over in the last few years. Frankly I am looking into overlanding because I feel the sport I love is dying but I'd like to have some connection to getting offroad and relaxing outdoors even if it's just packing a Jeep for the weekend and throwing a tent up somewhere with grass, gravel or dirt under my feet.

I currently own a '15 JKUR with some minor modifications. Hope to be fully skid plated by the AR. Would like to be trussed and sleeved as well but quality offroad shops are hard to find in this area so that is a maybe. Looked through the pictures of previous events both in NC and other places and while my current setup isn't up to some of the high standards of offroad trailers, RTT's and Mog's I am looking forward to attending none the less.

Welcome. You may want to talk with the folks at Carolina Metal Masters. They can help you find some reputable Jeep shops. I'll be coming to AR with a number of friends from my local Jeep forum. If you feel more comfortable riding the trails with other Jeeple, look for the Black JKU and the orange tent.

Welcome. You may want to talk with the folks at Carolina Metal Masters. They can help you find some reputable Jeep shops. I'll be coming to AR with a number of friends from my local Jeep forum. If you feel more comfortable riding the trails with other Jeeple, look for the Black JKU and the orange tent.

Thanks for the info, will have to look them up. I had a local fabricator all lined up (according to his business card he is a "fabrication expert" offering "professional services") and told me that he could get me fully outfitted with custom skids front to back built to my specs. That was supposed to start Monday but he has backed with the excuse that he has tickets for two upcoming Nascar races and would be out of town (insert rolling my eyes emoji here) Talked to another local shop who informed me that my Jeep came with skid plates (no ____) and aftermarket skids were a waste of money (double rolling eyes) I envy those that live near a real offroad based business that takes pride in what they do. Btw, read your build out on your trailer. Turned out very nice.

Back
Top Bottom