NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

I'm Joe, I've been a member since December 2013 but just a lurker mostly. I own a 93 landcruiser that I'm letting my 17 year old drive and learn to wrench on. I just picked up a super clean 01 Tacoma that I'm going to set up for overlanding/ backpacking trips with the family. I've been into off roading for quite awhile. I started with a 85 CJ-7 we did a frame off resto with. Moved into various trucks and jeepsuntil I got my 80 series. My fiancé and our daughters love the outdoors, hiking, backpacking, camping and fishing. I'm here to learn.
Stay safe,
Joe (FinsUp)

Welcome Joe! Where's Middle Earth? Just a warning... the 2001 Tacoma will never work as an overlanding vehicle. Impossible - complete waste of time... :D

2011-Glacier 030.jpg

Hello. I go by Phoenix on forums. Has nothing to do with a location, related to a garage fire and a re-build of my JKU. Maybe as the days go by I'll post it up.

My path to enjoying offroading and back country adventures was mainly due to a questionable decision I made about 5 years ago. I was looking for a 4 door convertible and found that the JKU was the only one available in the US. That led to a Jeep forum, that led to a romp through the woods, that led to building two JKUs, the first that was my "practice" Jeep, followed by a fire, followed by a great insurance settlement, that lead to my Rubicon, that led to building out my current Jeep, that led to more camping, that led to wanting to camp more, that led to ExPo, that led to a surplus military trailer and a RTT, that led me here.

I'm in SE PA. I have a wonderful wife that doesn't enjoy the outdoors, two daughters that come with me on occasion, and my son who is my stalwart camping companion and learning to be an expert navigator.
Making eggs.jpg

I'm looking forward to the discussions, trips, and learning from those that have been there and done that.

Want to close out this post with a heartfelt thank you to those that were prepared while I slept soundly at night. My brother served for close to 6 years in the USMC. His service and his stories have left an indelible mark on my views of the world.

Scooter here. I have a KLR650 new to me last year, rode it from Pittsburgh to the Overland Expo East last year to work the event. Had a blast :) I have a '14 tacoma as well I'm collecting parts for. The lift is in the basement, waiting on tires next. I'm a knife maker by trade and co-owner of L.T. Wright Knives in Ohio.

I should have posted here before starting the thread on my truck, but anyways... Hello, My name is Pat, I go by megacabcummins on any forum I am on for obvious reasons lol. I'm new to Overlanding, but not to off roading, or maybe I was overlanding and didn't know it lol. I live in Marysville Wa, been working at Boeing for 26 years now. Hopefully I can meet some of you at the Northwest Overland Rally.... I'll hopefully be parked next to the Exofficio booth again, cute girls and free beer what could be better LOL.

I should have posted here before starting the thread on my truck, but anyways... Hello, My name is Pat, I go by megacabcummins on any forum I am on for obvious reasons lol. I'm new to Overlanding, but not to off roading, or maybe I was overlanding and didn't know it lol. I live in Marysville Wa, been working at Boeing for 26 years now. Hopefully I can meet some of you at the Northwest Overland Rally.... I'll hopefully be parked next to the Exofficio booth again, cute girls and free beer what could be better LOL.

Im planning on attending the NW Overland Rally, so hopefully I too can share in the spoils of the cute girls. Not so much on the free beer but, if there's free ROOT BEER you can darn sure expect me to never leave:D

Welcome to Scooter Pat and Scott !

Hi everyone! I'm Gio, Im located in Southeast Florida and among other things own a training company that provides Wilderness First Aid training, CPR, and also the equipment. I have a blog on my trips flguardgio.blogspot.com and I'm a contributing author on OutdoorX4 magazine. I drive a 2004 Jeep Wrangler designed by me for my type of travel and activities, and pull a Manley ORV Trailer with a Tepui tent RTT.

Wow, from #76 in this thread to #1078. I've been gone entirely too long.

Well, I figured since I was poking around AAForums again I figured I'd (re)introduce myself.

I'm Dean... I'm a chronic Jeeper and recently added a 2004 Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) to the family. I think this makes #12 or #13. I kinda lost count to be honest. I still have the '97 Grand Cherokee, but it's currently in the garage with a blown motor. On its last trail ride the driver-side motor mount failed and it pretty much destroyed everything under the hood. I still don't know what will become of her, but I'm holding on her for the time being in the hopes of getting it running again.

My personal life has been a roller coaster the last two years and I've recently hit a slump when my job as the university was cut when the grant expired. In the meantime I'm keeping myself out of trouble. Looking forward to easing back into the community, getting out there this year for some adventures, and hitting up Appalachian Rendezvous and Overland Expo East this fall.

At any rate, it's good to be back.

Hi everyone nice to on here. My good friend Chris Cole from Campa Trailers and I4WDTA referred me to this sight, Some of you know me from Expo as Nullifier. Since this is a smaller community I have decided to use my......real name lol.

I have been laying low the past few years tooling around a bit in my 2002 suburban. Since my primary truck a 96 taco ("the old 96er") as been down for some years. I am happy to report that it is now a full time project bringing that truck back from he dead and I am looking forward to breaking it in n a few months maybe on the K.A.T.

Hey all! I was introduced to this site by my cousin (stevec), and I decided to join up and check it out for myself. I'm a lifelong outdoors enthusiast and camper, and I've been frequenting the CA deserts & mountains since I was a kid. Some of you might know me from ExPo and the Montero Sport forum. I'm excited to be here and get out and explore!

Well hello there everyone!

I came across this forum either through OutdoorX4 or Facebook. Honestly I can't remember which one. But I love overlanding and being out and about. I've rocked on '04 Xterra for almost a decade, and the the old girl has almost 200K and still going strong. Been cross-country a few times, and up through Canada some. I completed the first three states of the Trans America Trail, and plan on doing the next three this summer. I look forward to getting some great ideas from you guys!

I'm in SoCal and I do a bit of hiking mainly. Was invited over here from another board. Have a nasty habit of posting pictures. Would be interested in meeting up with others in my area.

Welcome new members! Phoenix....maybe our paths will cross one day in the Pine Barrens

That would be great. Just spent the weekend at Goshen Pond with a group of LMIs from DisconnectOffroad.com. The Pond was frozen, but the campfire was warm. Friday night was mid-teens, Saturday night was a balmy mid-twentys. Fun trails, and no ice damage. We'll be out again before April. In April we are planning Bald Eagle State Forest II.

Welcome to AAV T McArthur!

I confess to a hiking and backpacking habit myself. Looking forward to your pictures and trip reports!

Hello all. New to the forum. I'm Steve, a retired U.S. Marine Corps Infantry veteran. Looking for any excuse to get my Ram Power Wagon dirty by being offroad! Looking forward to meeting new friends on here.

2012 Ram Power Wagon
35 BFG Mud terrains
Borla exhaust
Rock sliders with steps
More mods to come

Back
Top Bottom