NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

Sounds like you have some great plans - you may see us or join some of us on the same trails! Welcome aboard.[/QUOTE]
Thanks,,,, just the tip of the iceberg,,, 2017=Arctic Circle Run... crossed fingers !!

Third post here (first two were a little more helpful than just "Hello"). Coming in from TacomaWorld.
Not a whole lot to say, other than keep tabs on my posts, since I'd rather do all my self-promotion through what I just post in general.
If you're in SoCal, OC specifically, look for my Barcelona Red Tacoma 4x4 with a black Softopper, ARB front bumper with HiLift and shovel mounted on the top bar, sliders, 3"+ lift......and a nasty dent in the driver's side rear door from flopping it in DV a year ago.
As of this posting, I'm prepping for my first Moab trip the last week of May (with about a thousand other Tacoma owners). Which includes replacing the third I blew up in Portland the day before New Years Eve :wrench

(I originally came on here to find TacoDoc1 from TW. Anyone point me the way? Have some rear bumper questions for him)

Third post here (first two were a little more helpful than just "Hello"). Coming in from TacomaWorld.
Not a whole lot to say, other than keep tabs on my posts, since I'd rather do all my self-promotion through what I just post in general.
If you're in SoCal, OC specifically, look for my Barcelona Red Tacoma 4x4 with a black Softopper, ARB front bumper with HiLift and shovel mounted on the top bar, sliders, 3"+ lift......and a nasty dent in the driver's side rear door from flopping it in DV a year ago.
As of this posting, I'm prepping for my first Moab trip the last week of May (with about a thousand other Tacoma owners). Which includes replacing the third I blew up in Portland the day before New Years Eve :wrench

(I originally came on here to find TacoDoc1 from TW. Anyone point me the way? Have some rear bumper questions for him)

Welcome to our little corner of the internet - you found me ;)

Tacodoc is Dave, the conspirator in chief of AAV. He is here, watching... waiting...

:home

What's up guys. I'm Jamie. Some of you know me.
I completely swore off Internet forums for a few years, but I'm looking to get back out into the backcountry with some good people again!

I'm in San Diego, CA. I have a fully built-out 2000 Tacoma with Expedition Trailer. I've been wheeling and camping all over the USA.

Last edited:
I completely swore off Internet forums for a few years, but I'm looking to get back out into the backcountry with some good people again!

I'm in San Diego, CA. I have a fully built-out 2000 Tacoma with Expedition Trailer. I've been wheeling and camping all over the USA.

Jamie Franks? How you doing shipmate! Yeah... you do have some miles under your belt; looking forward to your participation on the forum. Welcome!

Howdy all, my names Brian, I'm on a few different forums, mostly keep quiet but I will post every now and again. Heard about this forum from Trump, ran into him out here in Japan. I've got an 09 Tacoma that I bought new and have been slowly building it up over the years. Was last on the east coast so I frequented the Uwharrie NF, Windrock in TN, and the George Washington NF. I've got a few years left here in Japan, planning on getting a rig out here and trying to find some trails around here to satisfy the craving until I get back home.

Welcome to AAV, Brian. Imagine seeing you here! ;)

:para

- - - Updated - - -

Great to see you back, Jamie!

Last edited:
Hey guys, the name is Jace (like duck dynasty, only spelled right! Lol). Long time lurker, but I figured it was time to join up and contribute a bit.

Hey Tango, thanks for the welcome! I have a 1986 toyota 4x4 extra cab pickup that lives on the ranch, 387k miles and mostly stock, and still going strong. My daily driver is a 1998 4runner limited 4x4, 209k, with an elocker and "grey wire" mod.
I'm planning on building it into an expedition vehicle of sorts.

Swapping jobs soon so I'm not going hog wild with the plastic yet. But I am researching a lot, already have some rough sketches for a rear tire carrier to build and a list of suspension parts to buy along with a brake upgrade list.
My day job is Fire Equipment mechanic, the rest of my time is spent working on the family ranch and playing with my daughter.
I'm an avid hunter, used to do a ton of fishing and camping but life has got in the way.
Hoping to get into the Sierras and northern California for more camping in the near future.
I have never got into the desert scene, more of a crawler/trail kinda guy.

Thanks Jace. Sounds like a good stable of vehicles... keep us posted on your mods and trips please!

Welcome Tony! What's your favorite form of locomotion and outdoor activities?

Thanks Dave! I have an FJ Cruiser that I've spent the last few years building up, so I guess that's my favorite form of locomotion right now. Mostly I use it for camping and getting off the beaten path to take photos.

Hello all, heard about AAV on the Mid Atlantic Overland facebook page. I am recently starting over again with another jeep (#10). I mostly been going to WV, but looking forward to explore more of VA (GWNF) and PA.

Hello all, heard about AAV on the Mid Atlantic Overland facebook page. I am recently starting over again with another jeep (#10). I mostly been going to WV, but looking forward to explore more of VA (GWNF) and PA.

Welcome to the board Warhead!

:MD

Thanks Dave! I have an FJ Cruiser that I've spent the last few years building up, so I guess that's my favorite form of locomotion right now. Mostly I use it for camping and getting off the beaten path to take photos.

Nice, regardless of make or model or type of transport that's the end state we all strive for!

r3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom