NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

New member here. We have been actively taking in adventures all over the US for the last 3 years. We started with a little Nissan Versa, moved to a RAV4 AWD, then GMC Sierra, and now just got a 2020 Colorado Z71. We also started with tent camping and have moved on to a cargo trailer conversion. We also do hiking, kayaking, and mild mountain biking. We have been to 49 states, missing Alaska this time. Looking forward to our next adventures.

User name txsrad means Texas senior adventure.

New member here. We have been actively taking in adventures all over the US for the last 3 years. We started with a little Nissan Versa, moved to a RAV4 AWD, then GMC Sierra, and now just got a 2020 Colorado Z71. We also started with tent camping and have moved on to a cargo trailer conversion. We also do hiking, kayaking, and mild mountain biking. We have been to 49 states, missing Alaska this time. Looking forward to our next adventures.

Welcome!

ACC9259C-BE42-43F5-B386-88FED06E6A06.jpeg

Hey all! New member Doug here, out of San Diego, CA. Long-time hiker and backpacker, shifting to more vehicle-based adventuring in the last year or two. I'm an archaeologist working all over the SoCal backcountry, so I've spent lots of time on Forest Service and utility roads, just not many overnights off-grid. I'm using what I've got, which is a capable 2016 Mazda CX-5 AWD , stock except for some good A/Ts. Trying to get out every month for some dispersed camping while I fine tune my kit, and meet more like-minded folks. Thanks for having me!

..., just not many overnights off-grid. I'm using what I've got, which is a capable 2016 Mazda CX-5 AWD , stock except for some good A/Ts. Trying to get out every month for some dispersed camping while I fine tune my kit, and meet more like-minded folks. Thanks for having me!

CX-5 and a backpack! Don't get overwhelmed by gear, you'll go more and do more with out a lot of stuff.

Hey all! New member Doug here, out of San Diego, CA. Long-time hiker and backpacker, shifting to more vehicle-based adventuring in the last year or two. I'm an archaeologist working all over the SoCal backcountry, so I've spent lots of time on Forest Service and utility roads, just not many overnights off-grid. I'm using what I've got, which is a capable 2016 Mazda CX-5 AWD , stock except for some good A/Ts. Trying to get out every month for some dispersed camping while I fine tune my kit, and meet more like-minded folks. Thanks for having me!

Welcome!

:home

Found this site by following build link on another. Have to say this place is a refreshing change. Nothing much to tell avid bow hunter, currently back in school at 47 for nursing. Glad to be here. Oh and as far as my vehicle, I'm the proud pilot of a 2010 Ford Escape lol. 225,000 miles. A bow and a pack I'm all set.

Last edited:
Greetings from San Diego. I’m a friend of Justin Pitcairn’s who introduced this site to me. Love the outdoors! I’ve worked in the outdoor industry for over 30 yrs and been off-roading/overlanding for about the same amount of time. I have a 94 LC one owner, 93 NAS Defender110, 95 and 96 disco I. Totally into hiking, backpacking, climbing and all water activities. Most of my experience is in the desert of SoCal and AZ and UTAh! Hope to meet up someday! Thanks for the add! Eddie

379BA4FB-E40E-416D-81A7-495604B1AB4D.jpeg

Found this site by following build link on another. Have to say this place is a refreshing change. Nothing much to tell avid bow hunter, currently back in school at 47 for nursing. Glad to be here. Oh and as far as my vehicle, I'm the proud pilot of a 2010 Ford Escape lol. 225,000 miles. A bow and a pack I'm all set.

Welcome! Where is home base?

:iwojima

Greetings from San Diego. I’m a friend of Justin Pitcairn’s who introduced this site to me. Love the outdoors! I’ve worked in the outdoor industry for over 30 yrs and been off-roading/overlanding for about the same amount of time. I have a 94 LC one owner, 93 NAS Defender110, 95 and 96 disco I. Totally into hiking, backpacking, climbing and all water activities. Most of my experience is in the desert of SoCal and AZ and UTAh! Hope to meet up someday! Thanks for the add! Eddie

View attachment 49196

Welcome!

1146D6DA-46F4-4036-801A-5A62929A8947.jpeg

Welcome... where you hang when in Texas? I'm an Old Fart too and get out and about a lot. Love to meet on the trails :) We are located in Eddy, just south of Waco.

Good Morning! New member here and I'm honored to be part of a group dedicated to keeping the trails open and clean. I always do my part and appreciate the efforts in which we all contribute. My name is Daniel and some know me as 395JNKY on IG and YouTube. I drive a 2016 JKU Rubi and my wife and I enjoy traveling along the 395 mostly, especially up in the Eastern Sierras. However, being a native in So Cal, we also spend a lot of time in the Desert during the winter and spring as well. We recently signed up for the 2020 Desert Rendezvous and we look forward to meeting some new folks and checking out everyone's rigs. Happy Trails Y'all!!!!
RTT.jpg

Back
Top Bottom