New 2019 Ram

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
Gotta say, first time I saw it I was not a fan. But it’s growing on me, and that 12 inch touchscreen is the bees knees... full screen Gaia or Backroad Navigator? Yes please!

No doubt that the Power Wagon and HD trucks will be the same. There’s rumors of increased payload capacity as well, as much as 22%, which is something I wish all the manufacturers would pay attention to.

CBBEEA51-2E81-455C-BDD7-1AC99D13EF99.jpeg

0250288F-B977-4BFD-8125-650A0A69F32A.jpeg

Interesting. Looks like designers are getting over their romance with tractor-trailer sized front ends. Cinder block aerodynamics may soon be out of vogue.

That display is incredible...

With exception of that detail piece in the center of the grill and the gigantic "RAM", I like the styling. The infotainment center is sweet! I see they are still using the dial selector for gear selection though... I wish they would ditch that.

With exception of that detail piece in the center of the grill and the gigantic "RAM", I like the styling. The infotainment center is sweet! I see they are still using the dial selector for gear selection though... I wish they would ditch that.

That’s true across the 1500/2500/3500 line. Power Wagon still has transfer case floor lever as of 2018

Would you prefer push button? My 63 Chrysler Imperial has it along with the lever parking brake, plus “auto pilot” ILO Cruise Control. Of course it’s cables and not electronic computer stuff.

3094D422-2E13-4381-8030-FD8581CF6227.jpeg

that front end is going to make a lot of money for the aftermarket replacing that hideous grill and headlights.

This picture makes it clear:

AAuHdri.img

An ergonomic disaster for an unfamiliar driver.

The Rebel is really growing on me. I am really excited to see the HD variants, especially the Power Wagon. I am hoping that the trend of the Power Wagon being the big brother of the Rebel in regards to styling continues and we get that hood. The interior looks AMAZEBALLS. Really nice work RAM. Wireless charging, multiple ports, that touch screen, etc.

I almost want to upgrade to the 2020 Power Wagon depending. But we might actually just buy a new Ram Rebel, especially since now it will come with a rear locker and the option to get coils instead of the air bags which means that it will pair nicely with AEV's lift and have some legit offroad chomps.

OH MAN!

This is the Macho Power Wagon concept, pay close attention and you'll notice a few elements on this concept that you can now spot on the 2019 Ram Rebel. Notice the hood, and the bumper seems to have elements of the Rebel's bumper with the AEV bumper. I really think we are going to see some of these elements on the 2020 Power Wagon, considering this concept was released in 2016 and we can see elements in use now.

[Video]

This is the Macho Power Wagon concept...

From the video, “macho mango color”. I’m not sure that’s a thing. Cool concept though. Looks somewhat like some of the offerings from AEV, which is not bad IMO.

Wait... "Dodge added a lift onto the RAM lift"?

I think there are some neat conveniences added to the garishly colored and appointed package, and the excessively corporate logo badged exterior, but a suspension "lift on a lift" is a recipe for disaster when offered for sale to customers identifying themselves as "macho". Geez... not a fan of the Hawse fairlead, either...

Wait... "Dodge added a lift onto the RAM lift"?

I think there are some neat conveniences added to the garishly colored and appointed package, and the excessively corporate logo badged exterior, but a suspension "lift on a lift" is a recipe for disaster when offered for sale to customers identifying themselves as "macho". Geez... not a fan of the Hawse fairlead, either...

Says the guy on a 10 inch lift with corporate logo badged exterior :stir

I think that truck is drop dead sexy. My Mopar fetish is strengthened daily by this thread :D

Says the guy on a 10 inch lift with corporate logo badged exterior :stir

I think that truck is drop dead sexy. My Mopar fetish is strengthened daily by this thread :D
Yeah... I need to scrape off that tacky American Adventurist decal.... :stir

Of course you like it... it was built for macho bro's just like you <flat-biller> :rofl

Back
Top Bottom