my project

slow process but getting their to finish up on my electrical on my overland trailer. Still have to run the wire to the switch for the 2 filtered LED lights on the tent rack. I still have to install the battery (VMax Tank AGM 125 apm hour) then run one positive 4 gauge cable from the battery to the battery shut off switch, then another 4 gauge cable from the battery shut off to the positive bus bar. The one 4 gauge negative cable from the battery to the negative bus bar, another 4 gauge negative cable from the negative bus bar attach (bolted) threw the floor of the tongue box to the trailer frame. Hook up the battery meter & finish off stocking the trailer.

Then all the connections to the solar system. Then I can call it good. I bought the Renogy battery temperature sensor kit.
3rd photo is the portable folding solar panel (2 portable suite case 100 watts panels) one shown.
4th photo is the 10 agw cables for the negative & positive leads to the battery from the solar charge controller (which I'll size them up), & 20 ft. 10 agw cable for the solar panel.

I decided to run a 125amp hour battery than the 155 amp hour because of the weight difference 35lbs. I hope I am doing this correct. Mitch or any one please chime in if you see anything that needs changing.

What stinks on this is I was lead to believe the Zamp Solar port would work on the Renogy solar panel cables.......they don't. So I'll have to find some small access port that is weatherized to run the Renogy solar cable threw.

009.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

Last edited:
FINISH!, my electrical on my overland trailer & everything works. I plugged in the Engel 22qt fridg\freez ...it runs. Made the battery hold down. The lights work on the tent rack (filtered light geen LED's), the battery meter reads full charge, & the battery shut off switch works to shut down the entire electrical.

Now its about stocking the trailer with all the camping gear.

007.JPG

003.JPG

002.JPG

Great looking trailer and well executed build! I’m sure you two will enjoy the time camping with that setup.

-Andy

been slowing stocking up more items in the trailer. I still have to put together a tool kit & add the privacy shelter. Our 1st trip in this trailer since the completion will be next month March on our wedding anniversary. Their is still a few things more I have to order & will continue to research & read reviews on for my over all decision to purchase.

008.JPG

007.JPG

004.JPG

installed NOCO Genius GEN1 10 amp Single Bank charger to the tongue box
added AT Overland 5lb Propane Bottle mount which I media blasted, primed, painted & clear coated to match the trailer.
added Rugged Ridge Hi Lift Jack mount, built the brackets to attach on the tent rack. I media blasted them, primed, based coated them & 3 coats of clear finish to match the trailer, fits the 41" Bulldog Hi Lift Jack.
I had to modify the top strap on the Smittybilt Jerry Mount to fit the 5gal Scepter Can, media blasted the old finish off & around the welds, then I moly coated it to match the rest of the black on the trailer.

here's a list of everything done to the trailer & what it has as a finished product. This winter I'll be putting it up for sale once I finish my other trailer project.

10 1\2 month build from start to finish, 6 months of research before the build started.

Solar: Renogy, 2 100watt portable suit case panels w\ branch connector to run both parallel or single panel, Renogy 30 amp Wanderer Charge Controller w\ Battery Temperature Sensor, 20ft 10 awg cable
Battery: VMax Tank 125ah AGM Battery
Suspension: Smooth Ride 3 leaf springs 1450lb. capacity w\ Monroe Shock & 2000lb axle
Tires & Wheels: General Grabber AT II & US Wheels 15"x 8" 4.5" on 5 lug (I media blasted & had powder coated satin black)
Tent: Smittybilt 2783 RTT w\ Exped Duo 10 Queen Size extra long extra wide self inflating mattress w\ CVT Anti Condensation Matt & Compact Camping Concept Shoe Hammock, Tepui RTT Insulator Insert
Awning: Tuff Stuff 4x4 4.5ft x 6ft w\ Tuff Stuff 4x4 Sun Shade Wall
Paint: PPG Automotive, DP Epoxy Primer, Omni Base matched to Cerakote Coyote Tan, Concept Gloss w\flattener added, KG Gun Kote Matte Black Moly Coating (bake on finish) to all black parts & bolts, screws.
Bedliner: Defender Pro, orange peel texture 10" up on the exterior tub, tongue box & face of fenders, heavy texture inside the bed & tailgate. (all sprayed)
Frame: modified reinforced Harbor Freight Super Duty w\custom fabricated tongue & spare tire mount. (all welded)
Body: Dinoot M Series M416 tub kit w\ CJ Jeep style tailgate w\hidden tailgate latches
Fenders: Jeep Style Aluminum length: 36" height: 18 1/4" width: 10" cut to size & scribed to fit, Defender Pro Bedliner sprayed on the faces.
Bed Floor: 3\16" Smooth Aluminum sand blasted w\ Defender Pro Bedliner sprayed inside, exterior underneath Automotive Undercoater sprayed
Tongue Box: Harbor Freight 2-3/4 cu. ft, 3 12v. outlets & 1 12v. rocker switch, Pro Defender Bebliner sprayed up 10" & painted to match trailer which houses all electrical & solar system.
Heating: Proplex Heat Source H2000 Tent Furnace
Tent Rack: Compact Camping Concept "No Weld" Gusset's w\ 1 1\2" thick wall tubing, bolted & welded
Jacks: Pro Series Round 2000lb Pipe Mount Swivel Jack w/ Footplate side crank
Propane Bottle Mount: AT Overland Equipment 5lb Propane Cylinder Bracket painted to match the trailer.
Extra fuel Storage: fabricated plate w\ bracing for Smittybilt Jerry Can Mount & Scepter 5gal Jeep Can
Charging System: Noco Genius 10 amp Single Bank On Board Battery Charger
Tonneau Cover: Downey Products.
Rugged Ridge Hi Lift Jack Mount w\ Bulldog 41" Jack

006.JPG
001.JPG
005.JPG
011.JPG
45767214_1924210364294495_1882812537561415680_n.jpg
010.JPG
003.JPG
50872942_2043111025737761_3854854734389182464_n.jpg

Back