MRV 2017 - Potluck & Dutch Oven Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlkWgn

Adventurist
Senior Staff
Founding Member
It's time again for the Dutch Oven competition and potluck for the 2017 Mountain Rendezvous.

Fingers crossed that we'll be able to use charcoal at the main fire ring but be prepared to use propane depending on current fire conditions.

If you are planning to compete in the cook-off (and everyone should be) sign up at the check in station any time up to 1500 on Saturday. After that, I'll be moving to the main fire ring area and you can sign up there. Signing up is as easy as telling me what you're planning to cook and what your name and screen name is. I'll assign you a number and corresponding spot to place your dish. Numbered tins will be at each spot and the voting will be as in the past via tickets. One, two, or three tickets for the dish/dishes you like best. And of course, you can vote for yourself! The dish with the most votes wins!

If you're not competing but are contributing to the potluck, THANK YOU! We will have plenty of table space available for your dishes.

Tentative schedule:
1500-1630 Assemble at the Main Fire Ring to Start your cooking. Prep work can be done in your camp, but ALL COOKING MUST be done in the main area. Plan accordingly. If you need two hours to cook your dish make sure you're starting early enough.

1630 Line opens up and the gluttony begins! If you leave hungry you aren't doing it right!

image-jpeg.22656

Right on Cris. I'm in to cook... something. Wife's coming, so I'm on the hook to make a vegetarian dish, per usual. Hope someone brings some meat!

I'll also volunteer to help with whatever logistics/setup/marshaling I can help with, in between getting my dish prepped.

Right on Cris. I'm in to cook... something. Wife's coming, so I'm on the hook to make a vegetarian dish, per usual. Hope someone brings some meat!

I'll also volunteer to help with whatever logistics/setup/marshaling I can help with, in between getting my dish prepped.

Great to have you cooking again

Was literally thinking about this on the drive back from Vegas today. Was going to message you and then I saw this. Thanks Cris!

I'm in.

Any word on the fire restrictions. I stopped by the lumber store and picked up a wheelbarrow load of 2x4 cut offs. It's about the only wood the Cal inspection stations don't hassle us on when entering the state.

Any word on the fire restrictions. I stopped by the lumber store and picked up a wheelbarrow load of 2x4 cut offs. It's about the only wood the Cal inspection stations don't hassle us on when entering the state.

at this point, we are good to go for fires / charcoal in the main fire pit by the stage only. Depending on conditions this could change with out any notice so we just have to be rpepared for whatever happens.

Fire Update

Unfortunately with the recent heat and winds the mountain is under extreme fire conditions. As of now there will be no fires or charcoal. Propane fire pits are allowed. Please plan accordingly for the Dutch oven cooking.

Fire Update

Unfortunately with the recent heat and winds the mountain is under extreme fire conditions. As of now there will be no fires or charcoal. Propane fire pits are allowed. Please plan accordingly for the Dutch oven cooking.

Thanks for the update Cris.

Fire Update

<Quickly re-packs the roof-rack>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom