Motos for the 2020 Desert Rendezvous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardhat

Adventurist
Im looking to plan a moto ride around the 2020 DRV in Feb. Anyone interested? Probably will bring the bike out in the truck and plan to do a ride around the area on Saturday. Not exactly sure where DRV will be this year, but we've always had fun at Big Bear on MRV (and I road the bike there from Las Vegas last fall and just had a blast.) Also have done rides out near Ocotillo on the recent DRV's and alway have had fun. Respond and if there's interest, we'll get a thread set up when the DRV gets listed in the forum! Why, even a CB500X or a KLR can come!

I would be up for a ride again. Let’s figure out where we would want to ride and gas stops, if any, so we can put on the right sized gas tank. Last year was a lot of fun and look forward to more motos this year hopefully. I sent you a PM as well.

We have one individual who was at MRV whose planning to lead an organized run. Just a heads up.

I'm looking at having the CB-X out this DRV and popping my inaugural long trip/dirt cherry on a moto. Either I'm riding out, or I'm trailering it with the Xterra if Deanna's coming along.

DESERT RENDEZVOUS 2020
Just an update for all:

GETTIN' THERE
A couple of us plan to ride our bikes to the Rendzv. We are looking to meet up a day or two before and do some off-road riding enroute to Kofa. Most likely we'll do a piece of the Nevada Backroads Discovery Ride. This is relatively easy off-road stuff and should be fine with a loaded adventure bike.

From my perspective, I ride a Husky 701 with a "base weight" of around 350 lbs. Rich is bringing his Honda CB500X (about 430lbs). Ayone interested is welcome. Reach out to me. Neither of us are "Big Bike" guys. (I have a KTM 950 also, but prefer the lighter bike for the off-road world.)

BEIN' THERE
We also plan to do a ride on Saturday around the Kofa area. There are a lot of roads and such so there's lots of choice. There is also a gem show in Quartzite outside of the Kofa area (about 40 miles from camp) so we could stop off there for lunch and a look if there is interest.

Tim

Tentative plans:

I'll be riding up Tuesday to Pahrump, NV and camping out in the area, and then starting Wednesday morning with Tim, heading down the NVBDR into AZ; camping for a night en route, and then arriving Thursday afternoon for DRV.

Can we get a count of folks bringing 2-wheelers to DRV? Thus far, Richard310 (Rich) and I (Tim) are in for sure. Who else is planning to come, and do you want to do a ride in teh area on saturday (and/or Friday)?

I'll have the KTM with me. Planning on driving out Thursday morning, so should be in camp sometime early afternoon

Prepping in progress, a few more items and I'm almost done! 2M comms, a few more camp items, and food pickup left.

0208201845_HDR.jpg

Itching to go already!

Rich You need a LOT more stuff on that bike. Its not nearly loaded enougth!

Hahah I haven't even completely loaded the bike up yet, but I'm doing a test this weekend with a fully farkled shakedown... Crossing my fingers.

Okay, remind me to bring a welder to fix Richard's subframe once he limps into camp :D

Lol Brian. Dont forget I weigh as much as a feather. Plus a lot of my stuff are lighter weight items, albeit from Amazon but it works. Heaviest would be the 1 gallon water/fuel cans and food. Plus I'm even bringing my pop-up crapper!

I think my subframe stresses will be well within the limits. The biggest question is if everything I've attached will stay on the bike itself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom