Author
Date: Saturday, 14 December 2019

Time: 1100 - 1400hrs

Address:
473 N Rosemead Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626) 921-1255

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Y3ZJUa9zsXQjiyiQA

Come meet the members of American Adventurist, have lunch, hangout, and see some rigs. Bring the family if you like, as you all know this is a family friendly event. Hope to see you all there!

This will be a good chance to meet folks if you're planning on going to a Rendezvous event for the first time. We can also discuss any questions or concerns you may have.

1. @richard310
2. @bvanderberg
3. @BlkWgn
4. @Brett C
5. @Mojoe Outfitters
6. @HMOVRLND

*The maybe list:
1. @ventura911
2. @Stuart

Last edited:
I'm 90% in!

The venue is in close proximity to the Big Santa Anita Canyon in the San Gabriel Mountains (Chantry Flat). Would anyone like to take a short one mile hike into the canyon to check out one of the historic 100+ year old cabins? There are a total of 80 cabins in the Canyon complex that require a one to four mile hike to get to. They were all built by different individuals using materials brought in on mule pack trains starting in 1914 through about 1930. They are all totally off the grid. No cell service. Refrigerators are powered by propane. Some groups of cabins have water systems fed by springs high up on the mountain sides, built long ago and maintained by the cabin owners. Some cabins have electricity from generator/battery systems - solar power is rare due to the dense canopy of trees. There is still a fully operational Pack Station at Chantry Flat that uses donkeys to bring materials and supplies in to the cabins.

The cabin we would visit is mine which, as I said, is only a one mile hike in. Parking on weekends at Chantry Flat can be very difficult but I can reserve parking spaces at the Pack Station. The cost for parking there is $20.

Let me know!

Cam

I'm 90% in!

The venue is in close proximity to the Big Santa Anita Canyon in the San Gabriel Mountains (Chantry Flat). Would anyone like to take a short one mile hike into the canyon to check out one of the historic 100+ year old cabins? There are a total of 80 cabins in the Canyon complex that require a one to four mile hike to get to. They were all built by different individuals using materials brought in on mule pack trains starting in 1914 through about 1930. They are all totally off the grid. No cell service. Refrigerators are powered by propane. Some groups of cabins have water systems fed by springs high up on the mountain sides, built long ago and maintained by the cabin owners. Some cabins have electricity from generator/battery systems - solar power is rare due to the dense canopy of trees. There is still a fully operational Pack Station at Chantry Flat that uses donkeys to bring materials and supplies in to the cabins.

The cabin we would visit is mine which, as I said, is only a one mile hike in. Parking on weekends at Chantry Flat can be very difficult but I can reserve parking spaces at the Pack Station. The cost for parking there is $20.

Let me know!

Cam
This sounds pretty cool Cam, Thanks for offering. As I have been trying to get up there with you for quite a while I think we are going to give it a shot and see how Hunter does. We may end up turning back depending on how she does, but even if we dont make it all the way it will be a good time in canyon.

Date: Saturday, 14 December 2019

Time: 1100 - 1400hrs

Address:
473 N Rosemead Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626) 921-1255

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Y3ZJUa9zsXQjiyiQA

Come meet the members of American Adventurist, have lunch, hangout, and see some rigs. Bring the family if you like, as you all know this is a family friendly event. Hope to see you all there!

This will be a good chance to meet folks if you're planning on going to a Rendezvous event for the first time. We can also discuss any questions or concerns you may have.

1. @richard310
2. @bvanderberg
3. @BlkWgn
4. @Brett C

*The maybe list:
1. @ventura911
2. @Stuart
We’re in. 2 people

See everyone out there today. We are doing family Christmas with Paiges Parents in Pasadena afterwards, so we wont be able to take you up on your hiking offer @Mojoe Outfitters but one of these days I am going to make it up there with you

Back
Top Bottom