Monache Meadows camping--July

Thanks for the update! I'll double-check just before we go up next week, but if it holds true, it looks like we'll make it just in time to enjoy a campfire or two (while taking all appropriate precautions, of course).

Or not...

upload_2018-7-12_19-34-21.png

As of 7-16-18/1140 hrs. (confirmed by phone with the public affairs officer, subject to change later this week):

POSTPONED - Inyo National Forest Enters Fire Restrictions
Release Date: Jul 12, 2018

Contact(s): Deb Schweizer, Public Affairs Officer, 760-873-2427

stelprdb5405310.gif

Printable document

POSTPONED - Inyo National Forest Enters Fire Restrictions

Due to the unusual amount of precipitation that the Eastern Sierra has received over the past few days, the Inyo National Forest is postponing going into fire restrictions (as announced on July 12, see below). The restrictions were scheduled to start July 14. However, the criteria for going into restrictions, especially fuel moisture and fire danger, are diminished for now.

Good trip this weekend with @iXJ and @Jim Aguirre and his son, Brian. The forest service had not yet imposed fire restrictions (as of yet) in Inyo County, but the folks at the Blackrock ranger station said they were about to do so on the Kern County side. A bit of rain Friday afternoon and Saturday evening. Plenty of “wildlife” to observe in their natural setting, too.

upload_2018-7-22_21-42-15.jpeg

upload_2018-7-22_21-42-51.jpeg

upload_2018-7-22_21-43-37.jpeg

upload_2018-7-22_21-44-23.jpeg

upload_2018-7-22_21-44-59.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice pictures!

Probably going to be one of the first places I take the truck for some testing... Always mix up Carrizo Plains and Monache Meadows in my head...

I've arrived to Monache in the middle of the night. That's when I typically get somewhere like @BlkWgn haha. It was pretty fun on the tight little road in the trees in the dark! Great photos and great place!

Back
Top Bottom