Monache Meadows camping--July

Abomb

Adventurist
I've never been camping in Monache Meadows and wanted to see if anyone else would be interested. I'm pretty flexible for the month of July as far as timing--if July is even a good time to go.

We do a family trip every year in June (assuming the road is open) July will be great up there. Weather is odd and changes quickly, we have had 90 degrees and snow on the same weekend before. If you need help with planning let me know

Last edited:
I've never been camping in Monache Meadows and wanted to see if anyone else would be interested. I'm pretty flexible for the month of July as far as timing--if July is even a good time to go.
I'd be up for that and flexible too. SD area resident also.

We do a family trip every year in June (assuming the road is open) July will be great up there. Weather is odd and changes quickly, we have had 90 degrees and snow on the same weekend before. If you need help with planning let me know
Thanks for offering advice. I'd be curious about road/trail conditions this year. I have a buddy with a Land Rover LR4 considering joining me.

I will let you know when we get back, but if it is like most years he will be fine with proper line choice

wife and I are looking for options to do our fist shake down of our set up, heading out july 5th and returning the 8th now just trying to figure out where to go

If a mid week trip makes sense, and little ones are allowed, I'd love to come down from reno if we could make it July 18,19, and I would need to leave on Friday the 20th.

If a mid week trip makes sense, and little ones are allowed, I'd love to come down from reno if we could make it July 18,19, and I would need to leave on Friday the 20th.
Sounds good. How old are your kids?

5 and 2.. wife is going to be out of state so we were looking at going camping for a few days.

Just returned from 3 nights in Monache. Beautiful as always, the trail is in great condition, and the first river crossing that washed out last year has been bypassed. The river level is low this year. 70deg during the day, mid 30's overnight

20180609_185748-01.jpeg
20180608_111450-01.jpeg

and a short video of @Brett C going through the crossing at the river sites

Back
Top Bottom