Missing Person At Risk: Salton Sea/Slab City Area

Herbie

Adventurist
CarlMiller.jpg

Hello Adventurists - I just found out a family friend has gone missing. I know some of us are able to get out and enjoy desert season, so I would be much obliged if anyone spending time in the California Salton Sea or Slab City area could keep an eye out.

If you believe you've seen Carl, please DM me or contact the Imperial Co. Sheriff's Office at 442-265-2021. If you meet Carl, please ask him to check in with someone.

I don't have a lot of details, and even fewer that I can share until I've spoken to his family, but those of us who know him are concerned. As a courtesy to me and my family, I'll ask that folks not speculate here about his situation - our only concern right now is to locate Carl.

Hello all.

I've got a little more information. His car was found by off-roaders in a wash, west of CA-86, on Sunday 1/3, which triggered an S&R event. It was called off after 4 or 5 days. The notion that he was headed to Slab City was based on printed material found in his car.

Sheriffs have checked at his home - he left his cell phone and an apologetic note that he was leaving to "spend time in nature". We are holding out hope that he has just walked away from things, but at this stage, it's a slim hope.

Thanks everyone for your attention. Hug your families, and if you've got a couple of friends you haven't spoken to in a little while - reach out this week and check in with them, if you can.

Back
Top Bottom