Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival July 11-13

DirtRoadTrip

Adventurist
Just wanted to let you guys know about the Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival that's being held on July 11-13 right outside of State College, PA. You can find all of the details below, if you have the time off in July I really encourage you to attend. Feel free to message me with any questions you might have.

The Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival is a celebration and gathering of adventurers who want to share their stories, experiences, and overland travel knowledge with like-minded individuals. The festival is family friendly, and should offer something for everyone looking to expand their adventure travel horizons.
The event will be held on July 11-13, 2014 and will be located on a privately owned farm in Huntingdon, PA. More information can be found on the website www.overlandfestival.com
The gathering will attract a large number of vehicle and moto based overland travelers. The event will include some on-site activities as well as off-site exploration in the surrounding areas. The festival will also feature talks and seminars on important considerations for safe, fun and well prepared overland travel. *The final seminar schedule will be released as we get closer to the event.*

Overland Experts (OEX) will be providing on-site training and demos. OEX applies the scientific method to off-road driving, teaching people they can drive simple to impossible “roads” without ruining their vehicles, themselves, others, or the environment.

The Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival is also meant to be a forum for adventurers to tell their stories, show their videos and share their excitement for overland travel.

Attachments

• Forum Header OverlandFest.jpg
    Forum Header OverlandFest.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 142
Thanks for sharing this. That area is prime ARSES stomping grounds and we have had many an adventure out that away. Bald Eagle and Rothrock State Forests are great places to explore either in a vehicle or on foot.

We spent a weekend up in Bald Eagle running roads to plan out some suggestions for people coming up. We're also doing a lot of work on the property to create some challenge trails for people to test their skills. I'll be sure to touch base with you when we head up in June, maybe our groups could link up for a day.

I am - look for the AAV banner. I know Steve and Bill (from PA) is going as well.

I believe Al (Al Swope) and Brad (b-rad) are going but I'll be unable to attend as we have conflicting "have-to-dos" that weekend.

I believe Al (Al Swope) and Brad (b-rad) are going but I'll be unable to attend as we have conflicting "have-to-dos" that weekend.

Yepper, I am taking off Friday and plan to get there before lunch. I'll be in a tan jeep with a lg. invasion star on the hood, grab me and say hi.

Hope all of you had a great time and managed to get home safe. If you didn't make it you missed out on some great camping and even greater BBQ, ask Tango if you don't take my word for it.

Keep and eye out for a post tomorrow, we'll have plenty of photos of the action.

This was a quality event! Very well organized. I made some new friends and got to see new trails. Big thanks to everyone who helped me out.

Thanks for the great event! We had an awesome time!! could have been a little cooler out but we survived. Cant wait until next year. I have a pile of pics, I'll get them up shortly!!! THANKS AGAIN

What a great event! Thanks to the hosts and volunteers for putting on an outstanding festival... organization and site lay-out was superb. This might have been their first effort but they did their homework. Guest vendors were tuned into to the event as well as the training. Trail rides were well documented on Purple-Lizard maps and self-formed groups explored central PA at their own pace. The hosted meal (should have been named Festival Feast it was that impressive) was put on by competitive grillers Doan's Boan's and featured Pulled pork, pulled chicken, brisket, pork ribs, and 3 delicious side dishes. Well-fed attendees are happy attendees... MOAF organizers just set the bar so high for event meals that all other events have no choice but to weep in shame or step up to the challenge. I hope there will be an event next year because I want to go again - I give it 2 thumbs up!

But I never saw Al... where were you camped at?

Site of the AAV Gypsy Camp... there were rumors of strange sounds and rituals happening here...
10452357_10203366676880193_2354092443258219479_n.jpg

10527878_10203366032944095_830343415124638743_n.jpg

Dispersed camping in the freshly mowed hay field...
CIMG1560.jpg

The Dirt Road Trip - Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival Nerve Center...
CIMG1565.jpg

CIMG1566.jpg

CIMG1567.jpg

Trails, travelers, and memorable scenic locations awaited the adventurous...
10491186_10202483394910863_5585850902219887209_n.jpg

10530904_10202483387910688_833675181818187884_n.jpg

10551085_10202483388590705_5306563126955464409_n.jpg

10557461_10202483388670707_4319356685320890113_n.jpg

Thus concludes my report...
IMG953614 (1).jpg

Simply awesome. Truly reinforces my desire to escape the deep south (at least the summer months).

-Andy

Back
Top Bottom