Meet the Maker Part II

Chad

Adventurist
Editor
GoPro cameras are pretty awesome things.  They’re durable (by camera standards) waterproof cameras that are small enough that you can put them just about anywhere to get cool shots we could only dream about a few short years ago.  Yet actually mounting a camera in some of the places that would make for a really unique shot can be an engineering challenge in actually making it happen.  Sometimes, you just need to make your own mount- and using a 3D Printer like the TAZ 6 happens to be the perfect way to do it.
20170906_205238-e1505233881575.jpg

G0054288.jpg

There are exactly 2.4 kabillion companies out there who make no less than 9.33 zillion mounts and accessories for GoPro cameras.  Yet cameras can still end up looking like this—ask me how I know.  Suction cups and sticky mounts can work...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just helped my girls elementary school get a 3D printer for their "maker space". I really like the idea and I'm hoping to see something cool from them at some point this year!

After reading both of your articles on this printer I want one. I'm always looking for new ways to organize gear and being able to 3D print exactly what I want would be amazing. I would love to 3D print an insert for my pelican case to drop all my drone equipment into their own little spot. One day I will have one of the fancy 3D printers.

Is this comment contest still on? I'd love to see you 3D print a closable lid for my Ozark Trail 20oz tumbler. Love the tumbler, but it spills a lot when driving in rough terrain due to the open cap design. A closable lid would be quite nice!

Back
Top Bottom