Maybe not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your welcome to my camp anytime. Biscuits and gravy for beeakfast, or ribeyes for dinner on Thursday night. Plenty of beer to wash it down. Food and drink make friends my friend! Hope you have some good stories, You can find me via my avatar.

Damn! I'm too shy and too much of a hermit to be around that many people but I'd sneak in for breakfast at your place anywhere and anytime!

You all have a good and post pictures when you get home.

^^^^Nothing wrong with a good running truck!

We sound a lot alike, I'm old and grumpy, but most can tolerate me... eventually. My "go to" junk when going on a road trip is also a mechanically sound but showing it's age (and the infamous GMC white paint evacuation plan) '06 Duramax. We've gone full circle on our gear, started with a tent, done damn near every other style of camping, RV, trailer, truck camper, etc...we're back to the basics and a tent!

You've got this! Wish I could make it this year and meet you.

Agreed with every one here. I was very shy at my first few Rendezvous events, as I didn't know a soul. Decided that I needed to immerse myself to see what it was all about, and as was mentioned before, it's what you make of it. My camp eventually made its way closer towards the main campfire rings and it's brought me a host of new friends. No one cared what I drove or had, just as long as you come to hangout and just enjoy yourself. Cast aside the preconceptions and misconceptions and just go to have fun.

@buckwilk Much of the core group has known each other for a long time, so there can always be an "out of place" feeling, especially if you are not great in groups/crowds. I have never felt unwelcome, in fact just the opposite. For me. most groups are more painful than a splinter under a finger nail. I have just learned to know myself and my limits on interaction, take from each what I can and give to each what they want/need. Like many here I generally prefer to "go my own way". This group of loners is kind of an oxymoron.

I'm driving all the way from Florida and you won't be there? What a crock :bull

;)

Life has been throwing me curve balls lately, even as a Little Leaguer I couldn't hit a curve ball to save my life. Trust me, I'd love to get away for a weekend.

Just past one the other day and said thats a damm nice truck. And I’m a chevy guy.

Lemme tell you what, I saw a new Chevy on the highway the other day... best looking Bowtie since the 67-72 body style. Beautiful looking truck!

I've showed up in a Jeep, Bronco, VW Van. I've tented it, van-camped, and towed my tent trailer held together with ratchet straps. I've never felt anything but welcome at any AAV event. I've plenty of good-natured ribbing after getting stuck, or broken... again... but I've always felt welcome and have made some great friends.

I've showed up in a Jeep, Bronco, VW Van. I've tented it, van-camped, and towed my tent trailer held together with ratchet straps. I've never felt anything but welcome at any AAV event. I've plenty of good-natured ribbing after getting stuck, or broken... again... but I've always felt welcome and have made some great friends.

There was a guy at ‘19MRV in a 90’s era SAAB with street tires!
Gotta love it...

98 dodge ram 3/4 ton 4x4, mech perfect. Body and paint not so much. Me, body in trouble, mind, always been in trouble. lol

Great truck! We all start to look a little rough as we age. Don't worry about it . Look forward to meeting you in a couple weeks.

Your welcome to my camp anytime. Biscuits and gravy for beeakfast, or ribeyes for dinner on Thursday night. Plenty of beer to wash it down. Food and drink make friends my friend! Hope you have some good stories, You can find me via my avatar.
Dang... let me see how far this event is from NC? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom