Founding Member
I am looking for a manual pump for my water jugs.... something like this -
Screen Shot 2014-05-10 at 3.08.54 PM.jpg

But fits on my two jugs

Screen Shot 2014-05-10 at 3.08.45 PM.jpg

Spector 5 gal

Screen Shot 2014-05-10 at 3.07.16 PM.jpg

Coleman 5 gal

I would be happy for a pump that fit both, but settle for just one....

Anyone have a good one?

I have one of the spector cans like that. Would love a pump for it if you find a solution

I couldn't find a manual pump that would fit my water containers, so I went the 12v way that Beau Johnson of Living Overland created.

H2OPump1.jpg
H2OPump2.jpg

-Andy

Mr Grimm on Taco world did a neat overhaul to his water can. He added a spout with pick up line then a Schraeder valve. Then he could pump air in making pressure and then water flows when he turned on the spout. All made out of parts from Home Depot.

Brett C.
IronworksTactical.com - owner

Last edited:
Pretty innovative, pretty soon there will be a new PHD program for water container mod-ology.

No original Tango design here; it's been well documented on the Northwest Overland site... http://northwestoverland.com/Discussions/tabid/166/aft/23250/Default.aspx

I originally had a siphon type hand pump based on a Scepter fuel pump but it was kind of a hassle and didn't meet my needs. This too is a siphon/hand-pump thingy but restricted to the cap with less feed line.

Since I have my MWC's mounted on the rear bumper Ryan made a cover for the cap/spigot that I can tether/cord lock the bag over the spigot so I don't have to remove it when in transit, keeping the spigot clean while driving. I won't have it in time for Expo but it will come in handy for the June Northeast Overland rally event in Maine. A small detail but it if it works as intended it will keep the spigot assembly free from road spray/dirt and provide on-demand water while OTM. Perhaps he can include a picture if he reads this post.

L1020968 (Small).JPG

L1020990 (Small).JPG

That one would be my choice due to it's simplicity :thumbsup

Good point... I forgot to add that once you have all the components in hand it took quite literally 5 minutes to assemble. Stupid-simple.

I usually have two Scepter water cans on the back of my Land Cruiser. I run a Super Siphon through the larger of the two small caps on the main cap, and it's just the right size. Prime it and you have nice water flow on hand whenever you want it, no power or such needed. Just tuck the end of the hose into the water can's lid strap when you're not using it.

I usually have two Scepter water cans on the back of my Land Cruiser. I run a Super Siphon through the larger of the two small caps on the main cap, and it's just the right size. Prime it and you have nice water flow on hand whenever you want it, no power or such needed. Just tuck the end of the hose into the water can's lid strap when you're not using it.

Well, that's just draconian and unsanitary. I would expect something much more technically advanced from someone with all those lights on your roof-rack and who lives in your neck of the woods, a hot-bed for creativity and entrepreneurship. Disappointing, just disappointing. ;)

I took a simple route, I bought a Igloo water spigot for about $6.00 and drilled a hole in the lowest point on the corner of a Spector water can.
I drilled the hole a little bit too small and forced it into the hole.
I needed my sisters help to stick her skinny arm into the can to hold the gasket and nut in place while I turned it from out side the can, never leaked& has been on for at least 5 yrs.
I leave the can on the bumper and refill it in place as needed.
TOTH%202013.jpg

I did the same thing TangoBlue did.

I was able to find my pump on sale for about 1/2 price. They are a little pricey, but worth it. The pump runs smooth and almost effortlessly.

Pump1.jpg

Here, you can see it tucked away in a corner in the teardrop.

Pump2.jpg

KISS, I just lay my water can on it's side with a ball valve and short pipe nipple

My ball valve broke and my wife and daughter can't/won't lay it over and back up without losing gallons of water. So far I am using my Super Siphon, but still want a pump.

I think it would be pretty difficult to break this ball valve:

How can you loose gallons of water by tipping the container on it's side?

Attachments

• IMG_0404.JPG
    IMG_0404.JPG
    547.7 KB · Views: 122
Back
Top Bottom