**SOLD**: OZTent RV-5 Overland/Touring Tent w/ALL the Extras. Excellent Condition: $1300. Free delivery within 150 miles.

Road

Adventurist
**SOLD**

OZTent RV-5 Overland/Touring Tent w/ALL the Extras. Excellent Condition: $1300.
Free delivery within 150 miles of Portland, Maine; further by arrangement when I travel later this year.

Time to sell my OZTent RV-5 setup. I bought it to use both as a standalone and to attach to my trailer awning as extra housing for workshop participants and guests, but just don't need it now. I've only used it camping three times, haven't taken it along on recent long adventures, and have no plans to take it along next big adventure. I love this tent, and actually want to keep it for potential future needs, though am clearing out storage and need to shed excess gear.

0-oztent_6185crp-900.jpg

OZTent RV-5 with added Peaked Side Panel Set (creates front room), Deluxe Front Panel (no-see-um mesh with door), Rain Fly, and Mesh Floor Saver

It is an amazingly well-constructed, roomy, and very comfortable tent. Designed and made in Australia for rugged outback conditions, and is super quick to put up and take down. Very cozy, feels very secure during big wind and rain, is flexible in arrangement options, and is made of waterproof 8oz Ripstop Polycotton Canvas.

Links, current prices, and features for pieces in this set:

RV-5 899.99 - Waterproof 8oz Ripstop Polycotton Canvas; att'd awning; heat-sealed PVC bathtub floor (goes up sides); HD YKK zippers; no-see-um mesh windows & doors; 102" x 102" footprint.
Peaked Side Panel Set 279.99 - extends the main tent and creates a front room; attaches w built-in HD YKK zippers; very easy and simple to add.
Deluxe Front Panel 169.99 - closes in the front room with a wall of no-see-um mesh with incorporated zipped door.
OzTent Fly 119.00 - goes over the main room to shelter from both heat and rain. Has a reflective top. Makes a huge difference.
OzTent Mesh Floor Saver 89.99 - 181" x 102", allows water, sand and dirt to pass through but protects the tent's PVC floor and provides floor for front screen room.
Oztent Awning Connector 79.99 - this connects two OzTents together and incorporate a gutter/downspout tube to divert rainwater away. Not shown in these images.
2 OzTent Gecko Stretchers 179.98 - Two cots, 75"L x 36"W x 20"H. VERY comfortable and sturdy stretchers, visible in image below
Oztent Sidekick Table/Stool 29.99 - Folding stool/table/footrest (pictured in post below).
2 New Oztent 2.2m Poles 20.98 - Telescoping tent poles for the awning on the Deluxe Front Panel (not included when you buy the DFP from Oztent).
6 New guy lines with clips 29.99 - I've used several of the original guy lines with my other gear so am replacing with new for the sale.
Total New 1899.89

I'm letting this go for $1300.00 and will deliver for free within 150 miles of Portland, Maine. Further by arrangement when I travel this year.

DIMENSIONS RV-5 Main Tent (w/out front room):
Packed Size: 80"L x 15"W x 11"H
Set Up Size: 102"W x 102"D x 75"H
Awning Size (for main tent, that zips down over doors when wanted; front room has its own awning): 79"L x 102"W
Weight: 54lb / 24kg

0-oztent_6129-900.jpg

RV-5 main tent, with front room added, mesh floor saver in place. Vents over door with covers rolled up.

Both cots and brown rug between cots included. Table pictured is not included, though an Oztent Sidekick Table/Stool is (pictured in post below).

This tent is a dream to sleep and hang out in. They planned out the air flow and ventilation really well. The fly extends far enough back that even in a driving rain you can leave the big mesh window open as above.

0-oztent_6139-900.jpeg

View from the main tent out through the front room, mesh floor saver in place, with awning reaching out past that.

The awning zips down to the front mesh piece, and the side doors have covers that zip over, to close things up nice and snug for weather.

0-oztent_6372-900.jpg

RV-5, peaked side set (one side door with cover zipped, one not; no front mesh or extended awning in this image), rain fly over main room and mesh floor saver under all.

Gives you an idea of size of the "front room," which is 79" x 102" - enough room for a couple more cots, or table and chairs, cook table, etc.
Also shows mud flap bottom of peaked side walls, to guide water away, not under.

0-oztent_6375-900.jpeg

Outside back of main room with window cover rolled up and rain fly in place. Keeping air in between fly and tent allows the tent to stay cool in warm weather.

Along with the excellent cross-ventilation, it can be really pleasant in there on a hot day. This also shows the convenient pockets for storm lines, used mainly for tethering extreme weather.

0-oztent_6381-900.jpg

RV-5 with mesh floor saver and rain fly in place, with no front room side or front walls.

0-oztent_6384-900.jpeg

RV-5 (102"x102" main tent floorprint) on mesh saver floor (102" x 181"), no front room side or front walls.

This view shows the bathtub floor better. Makes a big difference in keeping the inside dry.
No, these tent poles are not crooked; it's the wonky wide view of my cell camera that does that.

0-oztent_6386-900.jpeg

Side view, no rain fly, showing back wall window size and window cover rolled up.

The side panel windows can be zipped open and closed from inside.
Without the peaked side wall set, you can run the awning straight out, or peaked like this for the side walls.

0-oztent_6393-900.jpeg

Same view, rear window buttoned up for weather. You can see just the corner of the mesh floor saver under the near corner.

0-oztent_6396-900.jpeg

RV-5, mesh floor saver, no rain fly or side/front room walls, front door buttoned up for weather.

0-oztent_6403-900.jpeg

RV-5, mesh floor saver, no rain fly or front room side/front, awning rolled up, door buttoned up.

This shows the no-see-um mesh vents over the door. VERY handy in creating cross-ventilation.
Draws the warm air out under the awning, pulling it in from the big lower window in back.
Very effective, and thoughtful, design.

0-oztent_6409crp-900.jpg

Back of RV-5, window cover down and zipped.

0-oztent_2993-900.jpeg

RV-5 and front room, no front wall, attached to my trailer awning.
Makes a really nice base camp for several people, with cooking under cover and housing attached right there.

0-oztent_6896-900.jpeg

Camping like royalty.

0-oztent_6964-900.jpg

Somebody better grab this deal before I change my mind and keep it.

"30 Second Setup" video:

or, if that doesn't work, check the video at OZTent for the "30 seconds setup."

Let me know if there are any questions of if I can provide any other info, images, or details.

This is also for sale locally and is for sale on my site.

Road

https://roaddude.com

Last edited:
A very, very SOLID tent and worth every penny.

GLWS!

Thanks, Dave.

I love this tent, really, and had plans for it to become part of a base camp, with a couple OZTents around or hooked to my trailer and awning to make a compound for workshops. My trailer serving as the hub with running hot and cold water, 12v and 110 power, and expansive under cover kitchen area.

Comes a time, though, when you realize you haven't used certain gear and it's time fish or cut bait.

Hope you're having a good winter!

Last edited:
04/04: SALE PENDING...

BACK ON THE MARKET!

The pending sale fell through, so this Oztent RV-5 with all the extras mentioned above is now available again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom