Looking for a Winch for my Tacoma

Greg

Adventurist
Senior Staff
Getting a Mobtown low profile front bumper. They've tested winch fitment with a Smittybuilt X2O 10K. I really don't want to go Smittybuilt so I'm looking for recommendations that will fit within the dimensions of the Smittybuilt.

22.3" (L) x 5.4" (W) x 9.4" (H)

I just got a Warn VR 10S to reside in a Pelfrybilt bumper for my Tacoma.

I think it is a similar size to the X2O.

22.3" (L) x 5.4" (W) x 9.4" (H)

Warn VR 10S is 25.5 x 13.8 x 8 inches...

Warn M8000 (an amazingly solid winch IMO) looks like it will fit. Relocate the solenoid pack and it's a sweet setup:

• Winch Dimensions: 21.04" L. x 6.3" D. x 7.6" H. (534mm L. x 160m D. x 193mm H.)
  • Mounting Bolt Pattern: 10.0" x 4.5" (254mm x 114.3mm)
ON AMAZON

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions.

The M8000S is what i had on the FJ. Started digging into the Warn site for specs because Amazon often lists the box dimensions. Warn VR10 is 20.80” L x 6.3” D x 9.8”

So looking at the cheapest options. Amazon Warehouse had a used like new & under warranty VR10 for $550.00 with prime shipping. Comes with a steel cable but I plan to replace it with the synthetic that comes with the Safe-Xtract kit.

Either it's gonna fit or I'll be selling a Warn VR10

Attachments

• Warn Standard Duty Specification Sheet.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 66
The new gen 3 VR series Warn will be out end of June. If you go the VR route I’d hold off for the newer one.

Thanks for the suggestions.

The M8000S is what i had on the FJ. Started digging into the Warn site for specs because Amazon often lists the box dimensions. Warn VR10 is 20.80” L x 6.3” D x 9.8”

So looking at the cheapest options. Amazon Warehouse had a used like new & under warranty VR10 for $550.00 with prime shipping. Comes with a steel cable but I plan to replace it with the synthetic that comes with the Safe-Xtract kit.

Either it's gonna fit or I'll be selling a Warn VR10

I just put the 60' Safe Xtract line on my M12000 fantastic line. You are going to love your Safe Xtract kit!

Well. I said "had" because I'm the one that bought it. Plus a $50 rebate.

Still, it's returnable so what changes are queued up?

Aaaaaaand it's going back. Looking again.
MVIMG_20190412_145526.jpg
MVIMG_20190412_145732.jpg

So... for those of us from Rio Linda.... what's up with Superwinch?

"Effective February 22, 2019, Superwinch Group, Inc. ceased operations in Portland, OR. However, this is not the end of the Superwinch brand. Westin Automotive Products, Inc., headquartered in San Dimas, CA, is in the process of acquiring specific assets, IP rights, and branding of SUPERWINCH. Westin looks forward to re-establishing the Superwinch brand’s business relationships with our automotive and industrial partners and is eager to integrate SUPERWINCH with the Westin family of products.

During the transition process, SUPERWINCH will be unable to accept new orders, process warranty claims, or make inventory transactions of any kind. Customer service coverage may be limited as well, but we will do our best to respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner. We would like to thank our loyal customers for standing by us through this process and hope to one day meet and exceed your expectations for the standards our brand has established over its many years."

https://www.facebook.com/superwinch...d-operations-in-portland-or/2323100701033245/

How much does your truck weigh?

I would go off how much it weighs to determine how much capacity you'd need. my truck weighs 6000, 1.5x is the rule of thumb iirc. So I got a Zeon 10-S. It has pretty decent sealing around the electronics compared to the M8000 I originally had, so that made sense for me.

How much does your truck weigh?

I would go off how much it weighs to determine how much capacity you'd need. my truck weighs 6000, 1.5x is the rule of thumb iirc. So I got a Zeon 10-S. It has pretty decent sealing around the electronics compared to the M8000 I originally had, so that made sense for me.

Last time on the scale it was 5500 and the Superwinch is a good deal.

Back
Top Bottom