Looking for a shower head.

Spectactical

Adventurist
I'm piecing together a camp shower that will eventually become an onboard water system. I was wondering if anybody could recommend some good camp shower heads. I'm looking for a handheld, preferably with an on/off switch. I'm currently using a sprayer head that was made for a home shower. It works, but doesn't have great pressure and I would prefer low flow to maximize how long my water lasts.

I don't have any pictures of it in action, but I recently made a camp shower with one of these.
http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt-15-gallon-spot-sprayer-9583.html

I cut the sprayer off and used a simple on/off push/pull shower head from home depot.
sprayer.jpg
pushpull.jpg

Once the pump reaches 40psi, it will automatically shut off. The pump is loud and cheap feeling but works well, good pressure. Eventually ill put a shurflo rv type pump once this one craps out. I'm going to paint the tank black to help heat up in the sun. I just boil a couple pots of water and add it to the cold and it brings it up enough for a nice shower.

@MidnightRider, that is very similar to what I started with. I now have the shurflo and it is so much quieter!

This is my current setup. Ammo can for the pump with hose inlet and quick disconnect outlet. I was looking for a sprayer tank, but I'm just using jugs for now.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444003164.869146.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444003188.624760.jpg

I use a standard sink sprayer type on my Zodi Extreme with on/off
I actually used this method after reading about yours or something... something AAV/Dave related. It works GREAT and you end up using WAY less water as well, do to being able to point it directly at "stuff". We have even used it when its REALLY cold and the wife wants to do dishes with hot water haha.

I use a sink sprayer with my Kony Keg setup. Water spays out maybe ten feet so I think there is good pressure. Disclaimer is I don't need to rinse my hair. Seems like a low flow so I'm not using too much water.

I use a sink sprayer with my Kony Keg setup. Water spays out maybe ten feet so I think there is good pressure. Disclaimer is I don't need to rinse my hair. Seems like a low flow so I'm not using too much water.
Was it the "good" pressure that rinsed the hair from your head?

I just ordered and rigged up the eccotemp shower head. They sell a kit on Amazon for 25 bucks which includes the head and a 6' SS hose. Nice unit and has an on-off switch.

Back
Top Bottom