Let's talk tires..

I'm with you Dave, IMO BFG AT's are the standard that other AT's are compared to. They may not be the best at any particular thing, but they work well on a variety of terrain, meet MY needs quite nicely.

Run what works for ya.. given all the horror stories I've read about heavy solid axle front rigs and death wobble associated with bfg ats, I won't run them, but if they work for you, it's all good in my book. I will ay they newest variation of bfg at does look nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Michelin is a French tire manufacturer based in Clermont-Ferrand in the Auvergne région of France. It is one of the three largest tire manufacturers in the world along with Bridgestone and Goodyear. In addition to the Michelin brand, it also owns the BFGoodrich, Kleber, Tigar, Riken, Kormoran and Uniroyal (in North America) tire brands. Michelin is also notable for its Red and Green travel guides, its roadmaps, theMichelin stars that the Red Guide awards to restaurants for their cooking, and for its company mascot Bibendum, colloquially known as the Michelin Man.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelin

Death wobble and BFG's is about as factual as death wobble and Toyo's - show me some hard data to prove this death wobble nonsense
Hard data I don't have but I can provide plenty of stories,where people went from brand x of tire, to bfg, got death wobble, them went back to a different brand other than bfg and wobble stopped. It's all Internet hearsay, but the expense of tires is too large for me to risk it with the horror stories I've heard.. they all could be completely false..

^^^^Kind of like getting a ticket for running beadlocks. Been hearing about those for years, not once has anyone ever posted a pic of the ticket they got for running them.

^^^^Kind of like getting a ticket for running beadlocks. Been hearing about those for years, not once has anyone ever posted a pic of the ticket they got for running them.
True statement.. I'm sure I'm overly paranoid and read too much on the internet... but like I said, tires are a large expense ( I just spent $1600 on my last set) so I'd rather not risk the money on that.. plus I'm pretty happy with my Cooper stt pro's. .

Replacing tires on my 2003 Tundra AC. Need Load Range E for carrying the camper. At local shop they have Cooper AT3, Toyo AT2 and Hankook ATM all for about the same price. When I look and read reviews I am not seeing anything that really distinguishes one from the other... Any input? I am on a fairly tight schedule to get the decision made or to be warned off any of these. Thanks

Replacing tires on my 2003 Tundra AC. Need Load Range E for carrying the camper. At local shop they have Cooper AT3, Toyo AT2 and Hankook ATM all for about the same price. When I look and read reviews I am not seeing anything that really distinguishes one from the other... Any input? I am on a fairly tight schedule to get the decision made or to be warned off any of these. Thanks

All are very similar tread patterns. I ran the Toyo ATII's on my old 4x4 RV. They were great for me while I owned it (a number of years). Nice one the highway and good in the snow.

Bad experience with Hankooks - not my truck, someone in our party. He was an idiot, but I still won't run their tires.

Happy with my KO2s - Load Range E. About to buy a new set...

Looks like Toyo AT2 is winning the day. Install tomorrow. Best deal. Lighter than the others by a few pounds per tire. Time to do it. One of my existing Nitto's fell prey to Joe's left over bike wheel bolts, hidden in the long grass behind the shop... a big ole hole. I will report back after I give the Toyo's a try.

I know a number of people that have switched from BFG AT KO's to Toyo's with good results. I think you'll be happy with them.

Back
Top Bottom