Let's see your old school camping pics.

BlkWgn

Adventurist
Senior Staff
Founding Member
My Father in Law posted a photo on Facebook and it got me thinking. I want to see your old camping and off road photos.

The photo he posted is of my wife (Blkwgn_wyfee) and her younger brother at the river campsite in Monache Meadows. He has been going up there since he was a teenager, and it has turned into a yearly family trip. We were actually camped in this same spot 2 weeks ago. I believe the CJ5 is a 1964, and he bought it new. He still has the Jeep and the trailer and is currently restoring the Jeep.

Paige Bandon Monache young.jpg

So, show off some of your old photos and tell us a bit about them.

This one is from 28 years ago. I would camp on a bald along the Appalachian Trail in NC, close to the Nantahala River. The bike would get parked at the takeout point, Nantahala Outdoor Center. I would paddle down the river and ride the bike back to the launch. It was a long day paddling and peddling.

FJ40-3.jpg

-Andy

Thanks Andy, that is exactly what I want to see. Do you still do this trip?

I plan on paddling the Nantahala again in the kayak and will surely camp there. I don't know if the bald I used to go to is still accessible. Terri and I did the same trip with the canoe and camped in the same spot some 15 years ago. I am trying to locate some old family photos of camping when I was a kid, but don't know if I can find any.

-Andy

Back
Top Bottom