LEDs blocking air flow

Beadlocks don't have an SAE cert and are therfore off road only. (except Hutchinson as far as I know, those are ok).

As to tint, mine is just less than legal, but it's not limo, it does make a big difference on not burning and staying cooler on long summer drives. Windshield is not done.

I'm not sure if it's internet myth, wheel companies trying to duck potential lawsuits etc, but the theory is that beadlocks are not DOT approved. Hutchinson style beadlocks are the only ones that I am aware of that are said to be street legal...that's the style that military HumVees run.

Blacking out headlights.

By heating them in the oven so the seal softens and you can pull them apart and paint the insides.

Of course this can also happen (Original Thread on Tacoma World).

7XT7QfddQ0evraaEeiBCKw.jpg

I have customers with tinted headlamps and aux lighting...I'm not above pointing out how much that doesn't make sense at all. Put sunglasses on your headlamps then add lights so you can see at night!:confused:

By heating them in the oven so the seal softens and you can pull them apart and paint the insides.

Oh, I'm guilty of this action. Not for blacking them out, but for removing coloring, giving them an all clear look. This was in 2002 on my Subaru WRX. Back then, the WRX was an enthusiast's pocket rocket; lots of bang for the buck. Now it is more like the Honda Civic in its riciest days.

I heated mine in the oven to loosen the seal. When I went to remove it, it was stuck to the cookie sheet it was setting on. Then it came loose all of a sudden, and up against the bottom of the top shelf. My nice new headlamp assembly had three distinct melted stripes from the bars of the hot oven shelf.

Stupid kid, right? Nope. I was just shy of 50 at the time, and should have known better...:oops:

On the upside, that car was one Hell of a fun autocross racer!

Okay, seriously....... what I want to know is what's the best tire for my ride - Mud terrains or All terrains? Enough... bead locks, window tinting, baking headlights... is this the "LED aftermarket light blocking airflow to radiator thread", "legal beadlocks", "tinting", or the "baking headlight thread"?

derailed-train-derailed-thread-demotivational-poster-1237346157.jpg

Back on track folks... the OP is an excellent, oft-ignored issue that those researching our forum will benefit from our collective experience and deserves its own dedicated post.

There are people in the ecoBoost world putting light bars in the front bumpers interfering with air flow to the intercooler. I find this to be almost a bad a ford putting the intercooler right down by the hottest air flow.

Dumbest location for factory equipment goes to GM IMO. The fill for the diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) is STILL under the hood on the passenger side firewall, inconvenient as all get out for a fill point that is used regularly.

That engineering idiocy is only topped by the GM location for the DEF tank...right behind the passenger front wheel, hanging BELOW the frame rail...right where you land on it if going over a big rock/obstruction with the right front. Puncture a DEF tank in the middle of no where on a modern diesel and you'll find your self speed inhibited to ~4mph soon enough.

There are people in the ecoBoost world putting light bars in the front bumpers interfering with air flow to the intercooler. I find this to be almost a bad a ford putting the intercooler right down by the hottest air flow.

The early ecoboost engines had intercoolers that did too good of a job. My 2011 F150, like many others, would have condensation build up in the turbo system from the compressed air being cooled. Ford's response was to issue a TSB that de-tuned the engine a bit and they covered over 1/2 the intercooler with a piece of abs plastic.

Dumbest location for factory equipment goes to GM IMO. The fill for the diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) is STILL under the hood on the passenger side firewall, inconvenient as all get out for a fill point that is used regularly.

That engineering idiocy is only topped by the GM location for the DEF tank...right behind the passenger front wheel, hanging BELOW the frame rail...right where you land on it if going over a big rock/obstruction with the right front. Puncture a DEF tank in the middle of no where on a modern diesel and you'll find your self speed inhibited to ~4mph soon enough.

I assume GM is like Ford in that there is an override for emergency vehicles for the stupid exhaust fluid thing. They won't go into limp mode if you run out of fluid. I'm going to guess it's illegal, will void your warranty, etc.

Back
Top Bottom