Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
4E56F418-9DC9-4863-9132-5C08F4A01481.jpeg

DE4A7828-D861-496C-A247-C3846C54E234.jpeg

8C77690E-95E6-4C5F-B2F2-D1E516FD09F9.jpeg

Interesting that it went back to 6 lug hubs from the 5 it's been since the 100 series. I've heard Tundra will be the same. Toyota's been doing it for years, sharing as many components as possible through the model ranges.

Interesting that it went back to 6 lug hubs from the 5 it's been since the 100 series. I've heard Tundra will be the same. Toyota's been doing it for years, sharing as many components as possible through the model ranges.

It will be interesting to see how much is shared with the next-gen Tundra's TNGA-F architecture. Supposedly the new 4Runner will be based on it as well.

The sole reason I decided to part with the perfely good 36k mile 4Runner and take the enormous financial leap on a 200 in January. Absolutely zero regrets!

I've been contemplating replacing my wife's Xterra with a certified preowned heritage edition at my local dealer. It's a big leap though, but would likely still be around after the house is payed off.

It's a big leap though, but would likely still be around after the house is payed off.
Yep, it sure is! I bought a new one, because I wanted to be sure that it was always protected against the salty northern winters, and 2018+ models with 50k miles were only a few thousand less than new (when I ordered in September. Now prices are MSRP and above!)

I could ONLY do this because the kids are done with college and on their own, we have zero debt, and I bought a very* small bit of Apple stock back in 1993. That and the 4Runner almost paid for all of it; the rest out of pocket.

* a number I have regretted not increasing tenfold a thousand times!! Six shares for a whopping $156. But that was a stretch back then when we were writing grocery checks on paychecks not yet received.

The sole reason I decided to part with the perfely good 36k mile 4Runner and take the enormous financial leap on a 200 in January. Absolutely zero regrets!
Yup. Someone got a good deal on our 1st Gen Sequoia with fresh timing belt when I found a 200 in need of a good home. Between that and the 80, I am happy with the Cruiser stable for now.

Will be interesting to see what the Circle L version of the 300 does.

Will be interesting to see what the Circle L version of the 300 does

I wanted the tried and true (and thirsty!) V8. I know the turbo V6 will likely be a better engine, with more power and torque. But at the expense of even more complexity. And looking at the interior photos, it looks like there's more tech, too. All additional things to go wrong over the next 20 years. Hopefully, Lexus is done with the giant maw of a grille! Doubtful, though...

Back
Top Bottom