Last Ride before we move back

Code Red

Adventurist
Went camping and driving with some friends for our last trip before moving back to the US.

The flying 2-door is a firend of ours' supercharged 2014 model with custom shocks and suspension, not your run of the mill agricultural spec Landcruiser.

Convoy on sidecrest 5.jpg

32529476994_309a016d44_o.jpg

32558083393_1ff4d410ee_o.jpg

Andy sidecrest 1.jpg

Convoy on sidecrest 6.jpg

Convoy on sidecrest 4.jpg

I showed your pics to the Glamis guys at work, they're jealous of all that sand. Does anyone over there run sand cars?

Last edited:
No skill involved on my part. The photos were all taken by a friend who wanted to practice with her camera. I don't have the skill or the eye for it.

There is a crowd that will run what I call big buggies. I'm not sure what a sand car is, but it sounds similar. These will be $100,000 buggies with v8's and high dollar suspension. They're scary, but fun to watch. They'll goose them and keep the front wheels off the ground all the way up dunes that the rest of us can't even see the top of. 4-wheelers and side-by-sides get out there a lot as well. But those guys all congregate around particular dunes, and tend to just run up and down them. Folks in road cars tend to go for longer trips and cover more ground.

No stucks on this trip. But we weren't pushing hard. The Rubicon was fighting a computer/sensor gremlin. This was just a little play time so our camera bug could get some shots rather than a full on dune bashing run.

Got the cars detailed yesterday and listed them for sale. Really sad to see them go.

Back
Top Bottom