LA Police Gear bailout bag review

Im Reviewing the LA Police Gear Bailout Bag. I Didnt really have a need for it when i bought it a few months ago but couldn't pass up the deal. I was sitting at home looking at all my bags trying to figure out what to do with them (wife said i had too many in the closet) and had a great idea to use the bailout bag as a emergency grab and go bag. Now this is not a bug out bag (i have a separate bag for that) this is more on the Earthquake or similar preparedness bag. After putting in all my items i realized i still had a lot of room left. I have yet to figure out what else i will be putting in there but 1 end pocket remains empty and the main compartment has at least 2" left on top for additional items..

Here is a list of what i ended up putting in the bag:

• 2 glow sticks
  • 1 Icon Flashlight w/ 2 spare batteries
  • 1 Gerber LMF Knife w/ sheath
  • 1 Gerber Mini Multi Tool
  • 3 pens
  • 1 sharpie
  • 2 survival blankets
  • 2 panchos
  • 1 70 piece first aid kit
  • 2 masks
  • 2 paris of latex gloves
  • 1 100ft paracord
  • 1 bag of issues
  • 1 lighter
  • 6 8.45oz water boxes
  • 2 Mainstey 2400 food rations
  • 1 Under Armour OSFA Hat

First-Picture.gif

2nd-picture.gif

3rd-picture.gif
From there Website:
The Bail Out Gear Bag was originally designed for law enforcement (LAPD) and some of our friends in the U.S. military. Our earlier Bail-Out Bags are still in heavy daily use with: LAPD, San Jose P.D., Santa Clara County Sheriffs Office, San Francisco P.D. and individual officers across the country. They were designed from the ground up to be the ultimate personal gear carry/last resort bailout bag.

Features:

• Made from 600 Denier Nylon
  • Polyester lining to protect your delicate items from scratching
  • High Quality Zippers to reduce possibility of corrosion caused by your working environment.
  • Now by popular demand, they are available in OLIVE DRAB, BLACK, or Desert Tan
  • Wider, more comfortable removable shoulder strap
  • Old 5 Cell, flashlight pocket has been replaced with a tubular pocket to hold irregular items even your emergency shaving kit and toothbrush.

The Bail Out Bag Still Has These Important Features:

• Only quality brand zippers and real Velcro used throughout
  • Hidden full size gun pocket with velcro.
  • Two adjustable side pockets for radios.
  • Large main pocket has a removable stiffener/divider system with a loop texture to help organize gear.
  • "Stinger/Surefire"(tm) pocket.
  • Two pen pockets.
  • Tactical illuminator pocket.
  • Four accessory pockets for gun magazines, etc with adjustable Velcro closures.
  • Large side zippered pocket for wallet, passport, keys and other valuables.
  • The bag measures approximately 14" x 10" x 6"
  • Padded Removable Shoulder Strap INCLUDED.
  • Carry Handles Of Heavy Nylon Webbing, Running The Entire length and across the bottom for extra secure support.
  • Large quality Zippers With Para cord Pulls (for when your fine motor skills are shutting down or when it's just plain cold).
  • Velcro Patch on side pocket to attach name tape, flight suit tag or unit patch.

You can find the LA Police Gear Bailout Bag HERE: LA Police Gear Bailout Bag

I've been a shopper at LAPoliceGear.com for a long time, and they offer some really good specials on their bags every so often. I'll have to watch for the next email about them.

I should get some updated pictures of mine. I used the LAPG Bailout Bag as a "tactical diaper bag" for about 2-3 years. So this was near-daily use, transporting a variety of weapons-grade stuff. ;-)

The good news is that it was supremely convenient, the bad news is that the bad wore pretty hard. The original shoulder strap didn't make it more than a couple of months (replaced with one from a Timbuk2). I lost one of the grab handles after a couple years. I've since also blown out one of the d-ring attachment points, the elastics on the side pouches, and generally things are pretty frayed and worn. Was it worth it for the money I paid? Absolutely. Would I use it for real daily use for something "important"? Only if I had a "replacement" schedule for it...

I should get some updated pictures of mine. I used the LAPG Bailout Bag as a "tactical diaper bag" for about 2-3 years. So this was near-daily use, transporting a variety of weapons-grade stuff. ;-)

The good news is that it was supremely convenient, the bad news is that the bad wore pretty hard. The original shoulder strap didn't make it more than a couple of months (replaced with one from a Timbuk2). I lost one of the grab handles after a couple years. I've since also blown out one of the d-ring attachment points, the elastics on the side pouches, and generally things are pretty frayed and worn. Was it worth it for the money I paid? Absolutely. Would I use it for real daily use for something "important"? Only if I had a "replacement" schedule for it...
thats funny... ive been using my maxpedition as my tactical diaper bag hahaha... i even told my wife that someone needs to make a manly diaper bag (i even contacted some companies but noone was interested). as far as wear i only really use mine when i go on trips so it doesnt get daily use. but for the price they cant be beat...

So here's the tactical diaper bag. Early on, I set it up so that I could pull out the changing pad and a fresh diaper with one hand, while holding my daughter with the other. The changing pad was critical since when dad is in charge, we weren't usually anyplace with a clean surface.

4yjepeja.jpg

My only mod to the bag was to hot-knife a slit in this small pouch so I could put a small roll of diaper disposal bags and feed them through the slit to "dispense" as needed.

ra8y4e6u.jpg

You can see where I lost one of the carry handles. This was the beginning of the end for this bag as it wasn't carrying evenly from the remaining grab handle.

haga2agu.jpg

There was also a lot of wear at the attachment points for the shoulder strap. The cordura has started getting a bit brittle, probably from UV, etc.

vegu2uve.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Got two of these a few months back when they were $12, got one for myself and one for my dad. Nice bags that can be used for a variety of things. Think I'll eventually use mine for a range bag. Not the best BOB because it would be a pain to carry for an extended range...

Back
Top Bottom