Kitchen Tote

ArkansasDon

Adventurist
Sally & I were talking about our kitchen gear tote. Currently we have household cook wear & notice the room it takes plus the weight it adds. So we decided to revamp our kitchen tote with more compact space saving gear that is liter in weight but still good quality. We'll looked on line for 6 months for a compact kitchen cook sets. We finally settled on GSI Bugaboo Base Camper Cookset in medium size 3 people.

Cookware material aluminum with nonstick-coated aluminum/nylon/silicone. Includes 3L pot, 2L pot, 8 in. frypan, 2 strainer lids for the pots, round cutting board, folding pot, pan handle & storage sack. We also bought 2 more folding pot, pan handles.

Weight 2 lbs. 10 oz.
Dimensions 9.1 x 9.1 x 5.4 inches
They seem to be a stout kitchen cook set.

SAM_1517.JPG
SAM_1518.JPG
SAM_1519.JPG
SAM_1521.JPG
SAM_1523.JPG

I have an older version of that same set. Has worked great!

Protip: The GSI "Ketalist" kettle and double-bowl kit will also nest inside that set. Great if you frequently use a kettle. OTOH, it means pulling out a lot more stuff if you just want to use one of the pots...

I have an older version of that same set. Has worked great!

Protip: The GSI "Ketalist" kettle and double-bowl kit will also nest inside that set. Great if you frequently use a kettle. OTOH, it means pulling out a lot more stuff if you just want to use one of the pots...
thanks Herbie, makes me feel at ease we made the right choice. Thanks again for tip too.

Yeah, it's good, strong, lightweight stuff, Don.

I have the GSI Halulite Ketalist pot and bowls, too. I use the dual-purpose bowls inside my Billy Pots for hiking, biking, and canoeing. Also have a small folding backpacker's table from them I use on my trailer tire to hold my pans and plates, and a coffee press I used for years, a couple of insulated coffee mugs, a toaster deal I didn't like, and a stainless cup/pot.

All GSI, and all in all great stuff, long-lasting, clever, lightweight, and durable in my experience.

Here's the short-legged folding backpacker's table I use from them as a pan and plate holder on my trailer tire. Works perfect:
galley-900.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how you like the cookset.

good seeing Road, ain't on Overland Bound much any more.
What we've been doing is eliminate the amount of totes to carry from 4 to 3 & revamping our kitchen gear to what we actually use & getting rid of what we never used. Now Sally & I have been really focusing on the final revamp stages of our kitchen tote down to the pots & pan & finding the choice we made with the GSI Bugaboo Base Camper Cookset will be the finishing of our kitchen tote revamp. We both found "for us" that kitchen utensils can take up room the way we had them store but switching to the Front Runner Kitchen Utensil Set that rolls up saves us more room plus the organization just with the utensils itself.

In the trailer is our kitchen & miscellaneous tote are stored along with our camping gear shown in 1st photo
The truck bed I carry my Engel, cooler & pantry tote. The 3rd tote is gone now (back of the truck). All my recovery gear including extra 50ft 3\8" Master Pull Synthetic Winch Line is under the rear seat of my truck now with the exception of my recovery boards I throw in the back of the bed. Same with my tool kit, First Aid \ Trauma Kit & portable air compressor under the back seat. Basically we've been going thru every thing & what we thought we might use & never have it's removed or some is relocated.
SAM_1427.JPG

082.JPG
50919592_2032174463498084_2454610106432618496_n.jpg

I tested GSI Pinnacle cookset for 4 and dare to say my family slowly becoming outdoor enthusiasts because of the stuff I make with this set.
The set is extremely compact, and if you’re looking for larger lightweight pots and pans this is probably the best you’re going to get.
My package was:
3 L Pot, 2 L Pot, 2 Strainer Lids, 9" Fry Pan, 4 14 fl. oz. Mugs w/ Insulated Sleeves, 4 14 fl. oz. Bowls, 4 7.5" Plates, 4 Sip-It Tops, Folding Pot Gripper, Welded Sink
pinnacle.jpg

https://wildproofgear.com/best-camping-cookware/ - there are less heavy cooksets like Winterail or MSR, but I still like it.
A con: during the first use, one of our lid handles literally snapped right off.

Back
Top Bottom