Kickstarter deals and products

ramonortiz55

Adventurist
I decided to start this thread to keep an eye out for good deals on kickstarter items.

https://www.kickstarter.com/

Most recently the TREDpro kickstarter was a huge hit:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/recovery-treds-_deals_.400371/

I know I cant be the only guy that likes to browse kick starter for any good deals on upcoming products!

If anyone sees any good kickstater items that would benefit us, please share and post!

I will updated post #2 as much as I can to include any active Kick Starters.

Great idea for a thread.. I just backed the sparkr flash light... Seriously thinking I need that grappling hook too lol

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Great idea for a thread.. I just backed the sparkr flash light... Seriously thinking I need that grappling hook too lol

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Just one grappling hook? I'd think at least three... :D

I just received the luminoodle color and the base camp. Color runs off any USB power source, is super-bright, handles multiple colors and is already proving itself really useful. The Basecamp looks solid, same features only longer, runs from mains convertor or 12v lighter plug. I plan to run it off the truck or using one of the Duracell 12v batter starter gadgets that I have lying around.

You can probably find similar LED string solutions cheaper on eBay but I like that this is all-in-one and waterproof, both have remotes and in-line switches, and have useful magnetic and hook/loop mounts in the kits. Both items feel a lot more robust than the LED strings I use in my garage for perimeter lighting.

I just received the luminoodle color and the base camp. Color runs off any USB power source, is super-bright, handles multiple colors and is already proving itself really useful. The Basecamp looks solid, same features only longer, runs from mains convertor or 12v lighter plug. I plan to run it off the truck or using one of the Duracell 12v batter starter gadgets that I have lying around.

You can probably find similar LED string solutions cheaper on eBay but I like that this is all-in-one and waterproof, both have remotes and in-line switches, and have useful magnetic and hook/loop mounts in the kits. Both items feel a lot more robust than the LED strings I use in my garage for perimeter lighting.
how do you like it? can you post detailed / closeup pics?

how do you like it? can you post detailed / closeup pics?
Sorry, for some reason I missed this! I like them a lot - we used them in the desert, the various white options are useful - bright blue-white great for a worklight, yellow-white for chilling. Both strings offer a variety of multi-color fades and switches, which is a bit "gadget-y" but it was fun for sitting around chilling. The magnet clips are fine for the short string, but we ran paracord supports for the basecamp - the winds were pretty "exciting" the night we used them so it was safer.

I hook my short string up via USB to any available portable charge block - we ran it for two nights on a 5000mah charger and it didn't even register on the available bars. For the basecamp I use a Duracell 12volt pack (like this but I didn't pay the price shown! https://www.amazon.com/Aiy00018-Dur...29081&sr=8-20&keywords=duracell+12+power+pack ) and that worked fine - it doesn't allow USB on the longer string.

I don't have any pics, will take some next time out. I'll have them at DRV if you want to swing by to take a look.

I looked at these a bit today, going to talk to them a bit more but I am thinking of backing this
I joined in on this one, in one of the classes at expo it was on the ground & the Camel guys didn't know much about it, I grabbed it and gave it a quick look & thought it was a well made tool that would work for solo travels, it was lightweight in comparing to a land anchor and had a few other uses.

I joined in on this one, in one of the classes at expo it was on the ground & the Camel guys didn't know much about it, I grabbed it and gave it a quick look & thought it was a well made tool that would work for solo travels, it was lightweight in comparing to a land anchor and had a few other uses.
I ended up backing it as well. I don't see it being great in a hard pack dirt, but in the sand of the south west it seems to be a light weight compact option

I ended up backing it as well. I don't see it being great in a hard pack dirt, but in the sand of the south west it seems to be a light weight compact option
I agree, I also see it as a tree strap, a hood/intake cover for water crossings and something to throw on the ground if I need to fix something under the vehicle. I am shooting for multi tools to lighten the load & this fits.

Hey guys, Bryant from Deadman Offroad here. For those that have, thanks for backing us! It was great meeting so many of you all at the Overland Expo.

It was amazing that the 7p folks at the Camel Trophy area were demoing our product all weekend, and we didn't ask them to do that. All we did was to send them a couple to find out what they thought, we wanted to know if this was actually something worth pursuing. Those dudes are legit so we were just looking for some honest feedback. They then asked if they could demo it for us. They are admittedly new to it but they all understood the concept behind it and they were excited to use on the trip they were doing immediately following the Expo. They came up to us after the show, it was actually rather intimidating to see 4 legends walking abreast towards us all dressed in their Camel Trophy garb. They said we had a really cool product on our hands and that they showed it off at least twice a day, and they actually used it in many more ways than what we were initially designed it for. I was on cloud nine when I heard that.

BlkWgn - I know what you mean about the hard pack dirt, really the hardest part about using it there was digging the hole for it. I am not going to sugar coat it and say digging in hard pack was fun, it's not. We dug several holes in the hard pack for our testing and what we found is that once you get through the crust it get much easier. We also found that since the hard pack is so much denser than the blow sands on the dunes, you don't need to go nearly as far to create a strong anchor. In the video on the kickstarter page with the full splitscreen recovery we were trying to go up a really sandy hill that had hardpack at the top. I dug in about 18" to bury the deadman, as you can see it held fast the entire recovery.

rvdb - I love those ideas! One other thing you could use it for is as a fluid catch if your had break anything open, now what you do with the fluids afterwords is up to you, but at least it isn't all over the ground.

I actually had two different people come up to me at that Expo and said it would make a perfect sling for a trebuchet!

It'd be cool to see what else you could use this for.

Let me know if you have questions or misgivings about it. We are completely open to any and all feedback.

Back
Top Bottom