Just returned from Mexico 3/2019

F250inTX

Adventurist
I've missed my travels to Mexico since I stopped 5 or 6 years ago because of unrest. Myself and a buddy traveled to Monterrey Mexico for a meetup with local off road enthusiasts last week. They lead us south to the Sierra Madres. Beautiful place and many fine remote camping spots. I'm not a photog but will post a few. The main reason for this post is to let you all know we had NO ISSUES at all. All the locals were very friendly and were happy to see and assist us. Can't wait to get back down there soon!

background2.jpg

20190317_133728.jpg

20190317_115725.jpg

20190318_072650.jpg

54432301_652622618512770_6687955655506001920_n.jpg

over ledge.jpg

20190318_102125.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We entered a camping area after dark. That was our trail leader and he just drove over a ledge he could not determine size. When he drove off he high centered and could not continue down over. Just took a quick tug back off it. looks a lot worse than it was :)

The possibility of death always adds to any adventure. Always have an exit plan.:flag

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr.../traveladvisories/mexico-travel-advisory.html

Nuevo Leon state – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
Reconsider travel due to crime.
Violent crime and gang activity are common in parts of Nuevo Leon state.
U.S. government employees in Monterrey must stay within the San Pedro Garza Garcia municipality, south of the Santa Catarina River, between 1:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m., except for direct travel to and from the airport.
There are no additional restrictions on travel for U.S. government employees.

Not a photog? I just stole this for wallpaper! Looks like you had fun. Do you speak Spanish?
Capture.PNG

Not a photog? I just stole this for wallpaper! Looks like you had fun. Do you speak Spanish?
Al I speak very little and only comprehend a bit more. The guys we rode with are more bi lingual than I. However, one of my friends, from Monterrey, attended with us and rode shotgun with me. Abiel is fluent in English and translated where needed :) I promised him that now that we can schedule at least annual trips again I will learn more please wish me luck :( My friend Abiel is second from left right next to me... no I'm not the center... that's Poncho. He has lived off the grid in the mountains at his place for 20 yrs and hunted them for 40. He let us stay and visit and fed us all :) Great person... he's 80 yrs old too
20190319_093025.jpg

Back
Top Bottom