Just picked up an XVenture

treefireguy

Adventurist
Spent my first few nights in my new (to me) XV2 recently. I can't wait for summer now.
Wife wanted a teardrop but I camp a lot more than she does so.... we'll see if that was a wise decision or not. [emoji51]. This thing is built like a tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0269.JPG
IMG_0941.jpg
IMG_0213.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice! Is the trailer bed just storage or?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Very nice! Is the trailer bed just storage or?

You know, it is storage, a lot like a truck bed with an awesome tailgate. But there is also a 22 gallon baffled water tank, an instant hot water heater, lighting, an intergraded sink/food prep table, shower, and locking cover. One of the main reasons I picked this over the teardrop style was the ability to load lots of firewood, rafts, bikes, canyoneering gear, chairs, ice chests, and large camp chef stoves and griddles, etc, etc......

You know, it is storage, a lot like a truck bed with an awesome tailgate. But there is also a 22 gallon baffled water tank, an instant hot water heater, lighting, an intergraded sink/food prep table, shower, and locking cover. One of the main reasons I picked this over the teardrop style was the ability to load lots of firewood, rafts, bikes, canyoneering gear, chairs, ice chests, and large camp chef stoves and griddles, etc, etc......

Sounds pretty good to me!!

Maybe someone needs to come up with a slide-in teardrop module for X2 for those nights with princesses

That's why my M101 has a cap. "poor man's teardrop." The main issue with the traditional teardrop design and making it a slide-in for a full-size truck-bed platform (like the M101 or XV trailers in addition to normal truck beds) is the rear entrance. That's what you see the Four Wheel Camper style slide-ins being so popular. What I'd like to see is a trailer friendly FWC without the bed overhang that usually goes over the cab. Just make a cube-box with a pop-up panel and a floating bed over the kitchen or a fold-down sofa-bed.

That's why my M101 has a cap. "poor man's teardrop." The main issue with the traditional teardrop design and making it a slide-in for a full-size truck-bed platform (like the M101 or XV trailers in addition to normal truck beds) is the rear entrance. That's what you see the Four Wheel Camper style slide-ins being so popular. What I'd like to see is a trailer friendly FWC without the bed overhang that usually goes over the cab. Just make a cube-box with a pop-up panel and a floating bed over the kitchen or a fold-down sofa-bed.

Sorry @treefireguy for the quick thread hijack. Ann and I looked at these slide in's before we went with the T@B. It would have fit in the Tacoma or the bantam trailer.
http://rayzrcamper.com/rayzr-fb/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom