Jeep finally got it right

Al Swope

Adventurist
Founding Member
Yes! 2022 Model revealed!
Capture.PNG

Not a fan of single cabs. I'm not overly tall (5'10") but I still feel cramped in single cab trucks. Based on the low sales volume of single cab's, other than work trucks, I don't think the market is there to justify it.

From this article...https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/single-cab-pickup-truck-slowly-going-away-281474979891426
They're dying. In fact, what used to be considered a "regular cab" truck is becoming very irregular. The first mainstream full-size truck to ditch the single-cab configuration was the Toyota Tundrawhen it made extended cab and crew cab its only cabin options for 2017. Since then, Ram and GMC have joined the party by only offering their full-size pickups with four doors. If you want a 2019 GMC Sierra 1500, a Ram 1500 or a Toyota Tundra with only two doors and two seats, you're out of luck.

^^^^Ditch the bike...I'm old and my doc says I'm fat, haven't ridden a bike in 20 years...the bike would be fun all the way up to the ambulance ride to the emergency room!:cool:

I always say how much I love the single cab trucks, but the last three trucks I've bought have been full size 4 doors

The older I get, the fewer people I drive around. I'm alone in the truck almost all the time.
The added weight and length (and price) of the big cabs are wasted on me.
I'm surprised there isn't more of a market for 2-door trucks with shorter wheelbase length.

The regular cabs I see on the lots are only slightly shorter in wheelbase and overall length than the typical CC with 6' bed.
They're all mostly stripped down, white, fleet trucks.

I think there's more profit in selling models with heated, leather back seats, not more market.

If AEV doesn't make a 2dr Brute they need to pack up their tools and shut their company down. The original 2dr Brute on the TJ chassis was hands-down one of the best creations on four wheels. I don't know why they never made a 2dr JK version. Now that there is a production 4dr there's no reason for them to make a 4dr JL Brute so I'm hoping they finally get back to a 2dr version. It would also be killer if they brought back the 2dr TJ kit and offered a 2dr JK kit as well. One can dream...

If AEV doesn't make a 2dr Brute they need to pack up their tools and shut their company down. The original 2dr Brute on the TJ chassis was hands-down one of the best creations on four wheels. I don't know why they never made a 2dr JK version. Now that there is a production 4dr there's no reason for them to make a 4dr JL Brute so I'm hoping they finally get back to a 2dr version. It would also be killer if they brought back the 2dr TJ kit and offered a 2dr JK kit as well. One can dream...

They’ve said many times they won’t. But it’s nice to dream.

Back
Top Bottom