It LIVES!

I'm sure there will be some taken this weekend, between he and Kelly, they'll probably make Asian tourists look like amateurs! (it's HUMOR people, in my book humor over rules insensitivity...if it's funny, laugh, if you feel the need to dissect everything I say looking for an "inner meaning" you need to get a life, I don't even know what I mean half the time)

I'm sure there will be some taken this weekend, between he and Kelly, they'll probably make Asian tourists look like amateurs! (it's HUMOR people, in my book humor over rules insensitivity...if it's funny, laugh, if you feel the need to dissect everything I say looking for an "inner meaning" you need to get a life, I don't even know what I mean half the time)
Hahaha.. love it.. I haven't seen the old jeep in while.. I'll be snapping pics too!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Looking for a different picture, I stumbled across this one. That's going up Heart Attack Hill out in Anza-Borrego. It's marked on maps as a down only...so you just know what we had to go do. There's one of my buddy's at the bottom of the hill to give it some perspective.

20040617142506_IMG_0161.jpg

A couple more...

dusy1-1.jpg

If you're going to spit a u-joint cap out on a front axle shaft, you might as well do it at 10,000', Kaiser Pass on the Dusy-Ershim trail.

dusy2-1.jpg

Getting that POS back on the trail sure brings back some memories. I'm towing it, and I'll be there before Chris, so I get the cherry!

Last edited:
Pics or it didn't happen

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

To busy freaking out, to take pics. The last time we tried to flat tow the front tires kicked over and started dragging. New ball joints, tie rod and tie rod ends seems to be the fix.
Like Bob said there will be tons of pics taken this weekend.

Thinking about swapping the steering over to a high point crossover. Saw one this past weekend on one of Bob's buddies jeep. He said it really helps when driving it on the road.
20161015_132758.jpg
20161015_132803.jpg

Christopher are you a Seabee? or were you just in battalion?
I was a CM in NMCB One.
I have a YJ too, but more stock and Im looking at finding a Posi or locker.

WELL............I'm back at it again. Dropping the skid pan to access the exhaust. Picked up a cat that someone posted on craigslist. time to cut and weld. HOPEFULLY this will get me through SMOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then Ol' Yella will be back on the road ready for more adventures. Pics to follow

I have a YJ too, but more stock and Im looking at finding a Posi or locker.

If you're going to get a traction aid, get a locker, posi is like kissing your sister, she's a girl, but doesn't do anything for you.

On a YJ with the axle disconnect front axle, you can put a "lunch box locker" (LocRite, EZ Locker, Aussie Locker etc) in without having to reset the ring/pinion gears as the "carrier" is not replaced, only the spider gears in the differential. The advantage to the front is it is invisible on the street, and it will still get you through most obstacles, within reason. I would recommend putting Cro-Mo shafts with the larger U-joints in the D30 if you plan on moderate-hard use/oversize tires. Stay with the stock spline count, save your stock axle shafts for spares.

You can also do a lunch box locker in the rear, although the stock D35 rear axle is not known for it's strength. On that note, I ran the YJ (this one, I'm the original owner) with 33" tires and a full Detroit Locker and 4.88 gears over the Rubicon and Dusy-Ershim trails. It met it's end on the Dusy-Ershim, I didn't see a washout in the trail, hit it at speed, bent the tubes on the D35 during the landing!

The most important thing in your build is to build it to meet YOUR needs, not what the interweb says you need!

If you're going to get a traction aid, get a locker, posi is like kissing your sister, she's a girl, but doesn't do anything for you.

On a YJ with the axle disconnect front axle, you can put a "lunch box locker" (LocRite, EZ Locker, Aussie Locker etc) in without having to reset the ring/pinion gears as the "carrier" is not replaced, only the spider gears in the differential. The advantage to the front is it is invisible on the street, and it will still get you through most obstacles, within reason. I would recommend putting Cro-Mo shafts with the larger U-joints in the D30 if you plan on moderate-hard use/oversize tires. Stay with the stock spline count, save your stock axle shafts for spares.

You can also do a lunch box locker in the rear, although the stock D35 rear axle is not known for it's strength. On that note, I ran the YJ (this one, I'm the original owner) with 33" tires and a full Detroit Locker and 4.88 gears over the Rubicon and Dusy-Ershim trails. It met it's end on the Dusy-Ershim, I didn't see a washout in the trail, hit it at speed, bent the tubes on the D35 during the landing!

The most important thing in your build is to build it to meet YOUR needs, not what the interweb says you need!
I'm stealing that first sentence for signature material...

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I know the D30 and D35 is gonna be fine for the time being. I wheel once every 2 months because school is top priority right Meow. Im gonna do a locker in the rear then consider the front incase I plan on keeping this YJ long term because I might pick up a TJ later on. Im in the business of buying junk cars and jeep cars. I just got my hands on a 1984 crew cab C20 2wd. No more 3 point turns for this guy.

A little update is needed. The YJ finally past smog thanks to a new-ish catalytic converter. So Ol' Yella is on the streets and legal!!!!!!! Who's down for a run??? Maybe Coral Canyon or Ocotilla Wells?

Back
Top Bottom