Instant setup tent

woody

Adventurist
My Google fu and forum search have me no closer to info that I swear I've seen here for a quick tent that springs open much like some of the privacy shelters. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Did you mean the Oztent Malamoo...

IMG_5408.PNG

I believe @TangoBlue"s daughter Kate uses one of those.

Actually this quick pop up type is for security. I travel alone quite often and having a second tent set up and 2 chairs gives the impression that multiple people are at the site. I feel it could buy me a minute or so till my trusty sidekick can be introduced into the equation.

Actually this quick pop up type is for security. I travel alone quite often and having a second tent set up and 2 chairs gives the impression that multiple people are at the site. I feel it could buy me a minute or so till my trusty sidekick can be introduced into the equation.

If that's what you're after amazon is loaded with cheap Chinese knock offs for very little money. I've used one of these before to claim a "first come first serve" campsite during the week and then return on the weekend with my actual equipment. If the cheap tent walked off during the week it wasn't a big loss.

I really like those Gazelle tents. Not what the OP was looking for, but a really practical tent for a good price.

I really like those Gazelle tents. Not what the OP was looking for, but a really practical tent for a good price.
I was volunteering at Expo East and was working on the last day. Planned to stop by and try to make a deal on their demo models, but since they pack away so easily everyone was gone. :(

I was volunteering at Expo East and was working on the last day. Planned to stop by and try to make a deal on their demo models, but since they pack away so easily everyone was gone. :(

A bit of "trade show advice" on demo models - stop by early in the show and negotiate on what you want, tell them you'll make pack up easy for them at the end of the show.

I guarantee no vendor wants to take a single thing back ;)

Back
Top Bottom