Installing Expedition Essentials 2TPAM - 2nd Gen Tacoma - Writeup with pictures!

ramonortiz55

Adventurist
Next Mod is to install the Expedition Essentials 2TPAM to hold my Garmin unit and cell phone when I am on the road:

I put together the 2TPAM and set it over the radio. Positioning it evenly and carefully - Then I held it in place with some tape:

See the holes on the sides?

These holes will be marked using a black marker:

Then over the radio there are four more holes. These holes are hard to reach, so I bent a small nail and used the nail to scribe the locations of the holes:

Once I had all my holes marked up and ready to go, I removed the coin holder:

AC Controls:

There are four bolts that hold the radio down:

Remove bolts and pull radio out:

Carefully remove all plugs:

See these buttons that are over the instrument panel on the dash? - Poke the middle of them to remove:

This will allow the fascia of the instrument panel to be pulled away:

Have a friend remove the Gray Radio Trim Bezel:

Unplug the 4x4 switch

Time for surgery:

Drill some pilot holes and go to town:

Tweezers aid in setting washers and nuts:

Other side:

Next drill the holes for the radio, always use pilot holes to prevent the drill bit from wandering. Any mistakes here will be visual:

Time to set the piece that goes over the radio:

Next, per instructions from Expedition Essentials, I trimmed this lip off on the driver's side of the Gray Radio Bezel:

Dremel time!

Now go run in the truck and trim this lip off the instrument panel fascia:

Like this:

Next notch the radio to allow wiring to travel to the USB charger on the 2TPAM:

Wiring for the USB Charger on the 2TPAM was spliced onto the power points below the radio, I reached back there and removed the plug:

Splice Colors for reference:

At this point I ran the gray wire for the USB Charger on the 2TPAM BETWEEN the gray bezel and the dash, see at the top of the picture. The gray wire has the 2 red connectors at the end:

Put it all togther now:

So clean!

Start up the truck to ensure proper operation:

Install wire cover:

Final install picture:

Accessories to come soon!

Back
Top Bottom