"Hors d'oeuvres/Appetizers" for Camp.

ArkansasDon

Adventurist
You've seen a Blooming Onion how about a "BBQ Blooming Bologna"?

Done this Sweet Swine O Mine Red Box BBQ Smoker, took a Bar S chub of bologna cut about 6" off the 1\2 chub, made some slices over 2\3rd's deep in a cross hatch pattern.

Seasoned twice with my Solely Misbehavin' Memphis Style BBQ Rub, cooked it over B&B Char-Logs, Apple & Hickory Chunks for a hour @ 265 degrees, sauced it with Sweet Swine O Mines Lambo Combo Competition BBQ Sauce, back into the BBQ pit for another 20 minutes, wallah!

BBQ Bloomin' Bologna

SAM_3635.JPG
SAM_3624.JPG
SAM_3625.JPG

Nice.

Not as fancy as, but I'm a big fan of bacon wrapped dates as a savory sweet camp hors d'oeuvres

:drool

stuffed-peppers.jpg

I'm a big fan of baby peppers stuffed with goat cheese and herbs, blistered on the skottle. Nice and easy - mash up the herbs and cheese in a ziplock bag and cut the corner off to use it like a piping tip.

Recipe courtesy of the fine folks at dirtygourmet.com

You've seen a Blooming Onion how about a "BBQ Blooming Bologna"?

Done this Sweet Swine O Mine Red Box BBQ Smoker, took a Bar S chub of bologna cut about 6" off the 1\2 chub, made some slices over 2\3rd's deep in a cross hatch pattern.

Seasoned twice with my Solely Misbehavin' Memphis Style BBQ Rub, cooked it over B&B Char-Logs, Apple & Hickory Chunks for a hour @ 265 degrees, sauced it with Sweet Swine O Mines Lambo Combo Competition BBQ Sauce, back into the BBQ pit for another 20 minutes, wallah!

BBQ Bloomin' Bologna

View attachment 55662View attachment 55663View attachment 55664
That looks A-Mazing! I might just have to copy that idea very soon.....

Nice.

Not as fancy as, but I'm a big fan of bacon wrapped dates as a savory sweet camp hors d'oeuvres

:drool
For another version add a sliver of picked Jalapeno in the date where the pit was then wrap with bacon or prosciutto.

Back
Top Bottom