Hallmark K2

New panels installed.........two 170 Watt panels, I now have plenty of power. Very happy with how the install turned out.

IMG_2203.JPG
IMG_2204.JPG
IMG_2205.JPG
IMG_2206.JPG
IMG_2207.JPG

Did the bolts they used to attach the Quick Pitch go completely through the side of the camper and are secured by washers and bolts inside the camper?

No, Bill used Heavy duty Stainless screws. The soft sided bag does not weigh very much and he said it worked very well with those. He pre-drilled the glass and used 2 on each side, then 3 along the inside rail. It is very secure and extremely happy with how it is mounted. You can not see anything from the inside.............

Great, thank you.

I just ordered the version in the aluminum box.

I had one of the aluminum boxes and traded Brian from Goose Gear for the soft bag version. The alu box is a little heavier, it is taller also so hopefully it will fit in the same spot, it should work nice being flush against your camper.

Looks great! My one note would be fill those sockets for the solar panels with dielectric grease. They are very not water tight.

I had one of the aluminum boxes and traded Brian from Goose Gear for the soft bag version. The alu box is a little heavier, it is taller also so hopefully it will fit in the same spot, it should work nice being flush against your camper.

I got a little worried when I read your post and today went out and made a mock up of the slightly larger hard sided version using some paper towel.
I have an Everest for a full size bed which is 8.5' long and thankfully I think I do have the room..

IMG_0963.JPG

Very nice! I am working on cab controls for my bags (front) right now also.

One word of warning, the tank drain is not going to work well unless you park on a steep hill! The tank will be 1/4 full of water before it comes out. The fitting with the pressure relief is the one I would generally consider the drain. But the direction the tank is installed it wouldn't work.

Back
Top Bottom