Guess who's back and with a Title

Which type? Rotary? Fixed wing? Drones?

Is there a number associated with this mystery job?

:stir

He won't know what aviation field/rate until he gets to Pensacola, and probably won't know what platform he's headed to until near his A-School graduation date... Good'ol needs of the Marine Corps.

I can do either fix wing or rotary fix. It all depends on how well I do in my mos school. As it stands my mos is either going to be (61×× or 62××)

So the standard is 100%, got it. I know I don't want to fly on no airframe maintained by the guy who only scored 80% ;)

Semper Fi Marine! I’d bust your chops for going into the wing, but my broken body is telling me I should have went into the wing too. Plus, the infantry ruined shooting, hunting, and camping for about 10 years... I’ve recovered and back to loving those activities. Remember, a deployment is better than garrison.. Take every overseas billet you can get.

Also.. Have a plan.. Don’t let your GI Bill go to waste.. Take your FAA A&P courses while the knowledge is in your forward brain housing group... Collect licenses..

My bad it's a 6251 contract. I'm still a fix wing mechanic

So far, you're on the same path I was 20 years ago.

Take your FAA A&P courses while the knowledge is in your forward brain housing group...

Solid long term advise, but experience will need to be gained before he can get signed off for A&P testing. Also, Airframers like he will become, need to work a bit harder to cross-train to get endorsed for powerplant testing.

Back
Top Bottom