GoPro Hero3+Black

Mitch

Adventurist
Founding Member
With how well Apryl's snorkeling video turned out, I think I've caught the editing bug again. I used to have an Avid machine way back in the day, and Amiga3000 with Video Toaster before that! I've messed around with Adobe Premiere over the years too. Adobe Premiere Elements was a PIG on my old Pentium4 Quad, even with 8 gigs of ram.

But Elements seems to be just fine on the new i5 machine, I recently used it to edit up a clip of Dwight and Maile's pup Holly playing around in the snow for the new YouTube channel.

Everything else that I've captured with the GoPro, I've edited with their software, GoPro Studio. The fisheye thing bugs the hell out of me, and their importer/converter has an option to remove it. It will save converted video as an AVI or an MOV, and both are supported in the GoPro Studio editor. Their effects are either somewhat lacking, or I am still somewhat unfamiliar with the package.

I've almost run out of footage to edit, and I'm in need of more! Thank god this weekend has adventure in store with the MRV!

Do you prefer video or stills of your adventures? What software is your favorite?

Not sure if it works on a PC, it came free and pre-loaded on my Mac desktop. It's simple to use and they offer a $9.99 app I down loaded to my iPad that allows me to make movies on the road.

Steve Simpson
Stafford, Virginia

Pretty sure I have it on the iPad, but rarely every use it to capture or store videos on. I know I can go from my GoPro to the iPad through the GoPro app.

I've used iMovie on my iphone, but never on a desktop.

Back
Top Bottom