GMRS

hidesertwheelin

Adventurist
With the new rules regarding GMRS/FRS radios, do vehicle mounted GMRS radios make sense now? Work is insane right now, and between work and family, I can't find time to study for the HAM radio test. I've been seeing a lot more of the vehicle mounted GMRS radios in use recently. I believe I can also program my baofeng to work on GMRS also.

https://midlandusa.com/micromobile/

Is there someone you have in mind who can receive your transmissions? I do think it's superior to CB but it's a catch 22. There isn't a lot of people I know using GMRS because there isn't a lot of people they know that use GMRS. Even with a nationwide GMRS repeaters available there's a momentum of not a lot of people having them because not a lot of people have them.

Alternatively. Do you spend time commuting? Either to work or between job sites? I just listened to The Fast Track to Your Technician Class Ham Radio License from Audible during my commute and got my technician license that way.

Is there someone you have in mind who can receive your transmissions? I do think it's superior to CB but it's a catch 22. There isn't a lot of people I know using GMRS because there isn't a lot of people they know that use GMRS. Even with a nationwide GMRS repeaters available there's a momentum of not a lot of people having them because not a lot of people have them.

Alternatively. Do you spend time commuting? Either to work or between job sites? I just listened to The Fast Track to Your Technician Class Ham Radio License from Audible during my commute and got my technician license that way.

I was thinking of going GMRS as we are planning a Mojave Rd trip this November, and we would all just use hand held Baofangs. Thanks for the link to the audio book. I looked at it and it said the questions were good until June of this year. I know they changed the questions, but i'm not sure how much.

The old version that I have is for the technician exam that expired June 30, 2018. The link sends you to the new version good till June 2022.

What model Baofang do you have in mind?

The old version that I have is for the technician exam that expired June 30, 2018. The link sends you to the new version good till June 2022.

What model Baofang do you have in mind?

Sorry, you are correct. I'll download it. The Boafang is a UV-5R.

Keep an eye on the City of Victorville events page. They have HAM classes that are one weekend and include the test for technician on the last day. The instructor is an ECS member for San Bernardino County and a retired fighter pilot. You get test results the same day

His passing rates are pretty amazing.

Back
Top Bottom