general camera questions

bob91yj

Adventurist
Founding Member
Rather than jack Woody's thread, I figured I couldn't possibly be the only one that has simple digital camera questions, so here goes...

I've had a Canon EOS Rebel XT for years...I can take pictures with it...marginal at best...I've discovered that getting it out of the bag is the first step to taking any kind of picture!

My camera/lenses need a thorough cleaning, any recommendations for a San Diego camera shop that might do such work? I think I fooled myself when I thought that getting a 35MM style camera body, and a couple of lenses would make the camera any less disposable than a compact point and shoot. I'm admittedly hard on equipment. Even with stuff that I know is delicate, needs a little TLC, I manage to screw it up somewhere along the line (repeatedly).

My biggest issues with cameras (other than not knowing how to use it) is dust/dirt/silt/grit. Here in the desert southwest, we have silt that is finer than talcum powder, gets into EVERYTHING. Something in my camera body is dirty, (all of my pictures have the same dust marks) and needs a better cleaning than I am willing to attempt, I have two lenses that could probably use a good going over as well. There are plenty of shops that will sell me a new camera, even an extended warranty that covers stupid, but none of them service/repair cameras.

Professional Photographic Repair in Kearney Mesa. 858-277-3700. I haven't been there lately, but they used to service all of my gear when I was shooting professionally. If they can't help, try Kurt's in Mission Gorge.

Back
Top Bottom