Gear Review: Teton Sports Celsius -25 Sleeping Bags

Thanks for this thread Dave. My old Coleman 0 degree bag zipper began taking a dump (separation) out at DRV this past weekend. I'm a cold sleeper due to some heart meds that really, really drop my heart rate so the 0 degree bag even in 50 degree nights that we had was quite comfortable. I've also used the same bag at MRV and DV up at the Rose Gardens where temps dropped into the teens. The Coleman is 10 years old and been great.

Looking at the double bag to have more moving around room for me on my Eezi-Awn Globetrotter mattress. I do realize that the double bag with one body will be a little harder to get/keep as warm as a single bag.

Link to bag on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/TETON-Sports-...7TNB2/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1?tag=viglink20599-20

Edit - well shoot - bag is too long and too wide for the dimensions of my mattress in my Globetrotter. At 94" long and 62" wide compared to 83" long and 55" wide for the mattress, it just won't fit.

Guess I'll look for an extra wide single 0 degree bag because I'd like some extra room over the standard size bag I've been using the past 10 years!

Last edited:
Sorry to Lazarus a thread, I've read much of the back postings, but I missed this one some how.

We have the Mammoth (2-person, 0F) and the kids have Junior bags. We haven't tested the extreme end of the bag yet, but I'll agree that these bags are HOT.

As our full family setup in the wall tent involves cots for all (we have the Coleman full sized cot/air mattress for us) and a Mr. Buddy for the coldest of nights, the Mammoth bag is a bit overkill, the kids are super-snug and love their sleeping bags. With summer rapidly approaching we'll probably start leaving our bags at home for sheets/blankets, but maybe the big trip up north this summer will see us in the right temperature ranges for our bags again.

Also, stuffing the Mammoth back into the bag is like wrestling a cat into a pool. It works best if you don't try to do it neatly and you just punch your way through.

I'll chime in too.. We bought 2 0 degree teton bags recently and got to utilize them this last weekend.. My 3 year old and I stayed warm even after I ran out of propane in the tent heater... Well worth the money.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Used my Teton 0 degree bag for the first time up in Coyote Flats this past weekend. Outside Temps at night in the high 20's low 30's. Single bag I ordered was nice and roomy - very comfortable. While I was warm in the bag, I wouldn't say it's a 0 degree bag. I was sleeping in long johns for reference. I'd have to say that if you are really going to be sleeping in 0 degrees or below, you may want to look at their warmer bags.

I believe the standard for a 0 degree bag (or what ever the bag's minimum temp rating is,) just means you won't die of hypothermia at 0 degrees. May not be comfortable, but you won't die! Another thing to keep in mind is which scale is the bag manufacture is using: Celsius or Fahrenheit. Zero C = 32 F

I believe the standard for a 0 degree bag (or what ever the bag's minimum temp rating is,) just means you won't die of hypothermia at 0 degrees. May not be comfortable, but you won't die! Another thing to keep in mind is which scale is the bag manufacture is using: Celsius or Fahrenheit. Zero C = 32 F

Teton Sports is based out of Utah so 0 degree should be Fahrenheit :rolleyes:. I agree with the uncomfortable but would survive Jerry!

I've been using this bag in xxl for over a year now with the coldest conditions being ~15 degrees F. So far the bag has always kept me warm. If anything, the xxl is a bit to big and my feet sometime get cold due to the empy space at the bottom of the bag.

We have 3 of the Teton sports 0 degree bags and I must say I really like them.. I actually got too warm while camping out in the desert a couple of weekends ago when night temps got into the low 50s... But, I'd rather be too warm than too cold...

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Love this bag I use it every time I go camping I have the -25 bag. Even tho Im never really camping in that temp I figured it's better to be warm then freezing. Bag will keep you really warm. most of the time I end up unzipping it and just laying it over like a blanket but still super comfortable highly recommend over a lot of other bags I've used

I purchased a Teton Sports Celsius in 2015. Still serviceable. Used it in summer too. I just keep it open. I have a Wiggy's sleeping bags but I just prefer the flannel lining over the nylon of the Wiggy's. Don't get me wrong. If a zombie apocalypses happens and I could only take one , I'll take the Wiggy's. But if I don't have to feel like I'm sleeping in a Ziplock bag, the Teton goes.

I have a Teton Sports Deer Hunter 0 deg canvas bag. I had it on the Ural for a while. Dirt bagged with it a few times. It's held up pretty well.

Teton has washing and care instruction if your bag get's a little funky

Back
Top Bottom