GCI Outdoor Freestyle Rocker

Chris Griggers

Adventurist
Author
Do you have a camping chair you can’t leave the house without grabbing? For me, it’s the folding GCI Outdoor® Freestyle Rocker Chair. It is said that it allows you to quickly fall into sheer relaxation due to the fact that the kinetic motion of rocking releases endorphins that improve mood and physical well-being. I don’t know if all of that is true, but you get the point. It’s been my #1 go-to chair for over 2 years now. Whether we are in the backyard grilling or off on an adventure, this chair is awesome! It is designed with a spring-action rocking technology to smoothly move back and forth as you take in the fresh air. You might be a little caught off guard when you try it out for the first time, because it does rock back a good ways. But never fear, it has not dumped anyone yet. With its sturdy, powder-coated steel frame and wide base, it is very stable and supports up to 250 lbs. It folds flat with a built-in carry handle so you can take it anywhere you go. And let us not forget, it has a built-in cup holder to hold your frosty beverage when needed.

IMG_1029.JPG

Pros
  • Extremely durable and tough

• Good bang for the buck: average price around $50, but can be found cheaper

• Folds/Deploys super easy like it is brand new: has never jammed up

• Did I mention it was a rocker!
20170814_183353.jpg

Cons
  • Heavy for a camping chair, weighing in at 13lbs

• Cup-holder design: 1) not securely held to chair 2) tilts forward with weight of cup therefore, easily spills 3) best suited for cans

• Armrest could use more padding

• Everyone will want to steal your chair at camp.
IMG_1028.JPG

FEATURES from the manufacturer
  • Patent-pending spring-action rocking technology

• Smooth rocking creates total relaxation for users

• Sturdy, powder-coated steel frame

• Scratch-free nylon-coated feet

• Includes convenient carry handles for easy transport

• Easy to open, close and carry

• Folds flat for storage

• Maximum Weight: 250 lb (113.4 kg)

• Open size: 24 x 26 x 31 in (61 x 66 x 78.7 cm)

• Seat height: 17 in (43.2 cm)

• Folded size: 5 x 26 x 31 in (12.7 x 66 x 78.7 cm)

• Unit weight: 13 lb (5.9 kg)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom