Game of Thrones

Only one episode left... who else must die? :irony

:peek

This season has been quite a spectacle but at this point I kind of just want it to be over. Then again, how many of the seasons ended with me hating the show, or at least what had just happened? That’s kind of what makes it special, the unpredictability.

This season has been quite a spectacle but at this point I kind of just want it to be over. Then again, how many of the seasons ended with me hating the show, or at least what had just happened? That’s kind of what makes it special, the unpredictability.

Agreed. I feel like Season 8 has been a rush to tie up loose ends (only 6 episodes) and get it over with. Maybe moving too fast (the Night King... White Walkers... army of the dead... poof) but that's just my opinion.

got.jpg

I was at Expo... will watch the finale tonight. It better not suck :lol

I didn’t hate all of the outcomes but I hated how this season rushed through everything. They should have done a full 10 episodes to build the story lines properly. The last three episodes had two of the biggest wars ever for them, each of which lasted a single day, then the final “conversation”, everyone thought for a few seconds and agreed. Ok, our entire world is forever changed after a five minute discussion.

I didn’t hate all of the outcomes but I hated how this season rushed through everything. They should have done a full 10 episodes to build the story lines properly. The last three episodes had two of the biggest wars ever for them, each of which lasted a single day, then the final “conversation”, everyone thought for a few seconds and agreed. Ok, our entire world is forever changed after a five minute discussion.

Exactly. But I was good with the outcomes save one - John Snow aka Aegon Targaryen. WTF. And Bran. Out of left field and all of a sudden he’s talking more... whatever.

I do like the doors that were clearly left open for sequels. Arya can discover Vinland. John and the Free Folk. Gray Worm the Breaker of Chains.

I didn’t hate the last episode as much as I thought I would after reading all the nasty comments on social.

In the end, the old saying “the North remembers” is kind of interesting with Bran as king.

Watched it last night. Definitely left a lot of plot lines open for sequels if desired.

I found it a little ironic, 8 years of episodes, and the end is everything went back to how it nearly was at the beginning, 6 kingdoms and the north separate, one king (ok now hes "elected") but still one king.

I felt the same way. too much plot and not enough episodes. What I heard though was HBO was willing to fund 10 episodes and the writers declined. Of course HBO would have wanted more episodes to milk the GOT franchise for more cash and in this case it's shut-up-and-take-my-money for me.

The counter argument my PM gave was that the series just had the biggest 2 battles it will ever have. Anything after will be anticlimactic and just drag.

I felt the same way. too much plot and not enough episodes. What I heard though was HBO was willing to fund 10 episodes and the writers declined. Of course HBO would have wanted more episodes to milk the GOT franchise for more cash and in this case it's shut-up-and-take-my-money for me.

The counter argument my PM gave was that the series just had the biggest 2 battles it will ever have. Anything after will be anticlimactic and just drag.

Agreed, but the extra episodes should have been before and in between those to allow for more character development and time for Dany to “go mad”. And I can’t believe Dorn and the Iron Islands would have just consented the way they did, especially after Sansa made her case. No “me too” clause in that negotiation?

Agreed, but the extra episodes should have been before and in between those to allow for more character development and time for Dany to “go mad”. And I can’t believe Dorn and the Iron Islands would have just consented the way they did, especially after Sansa made her case. No “me too” clause in that negotiation?

Yep. Though in my opinion the story ended when the throne was destroyed. Everything after was epilogue. Dorn and the Iron Islands could maybe decide later that they wanted to follow Winterfell after consideration. But that's another story so I'm okay with all that.

Back
Top Bottom