Forest River Jumps in the Overlander Game

Gallowbraid

Adventurist
Forest River has historically made a solid, well built RV. Looks like they're making a business move to include smaller, lighter and off road oriented trailers with their NOBO line.

Had a chance to take a look at a few this weekend while shopping for a new family RV. For someone looking for a turn key trailer at an ok price that's a little more dirty road worthy than a traditional camper these would probably fit the bill. If you can find one at a wholesaler like I was at they're an even better deal. They're bringing some good names with them as well, Rhino Rack, Thule, Dometic, etc.

2A8B2B71-B6B7-4C17-905A-686A61C6C895.jpeg

Forest River has historically made a solid, well built RV. Looks like they're making a business move to include smaller, lighter and off road oriented trailers with their NOBO line.

Had a chance to take a look at a few this weekend while shopping for a new family RV. For someone looking for a turn key trailer at an ok price that's a little more dirty road worthy than a traditional camper these would probably fit the bill. If you can find one at a wholesaler like I was at they're an even better deal. They're bringing some good names with them as well, Rhino Rack, Thule, Dometic, etc.

View attachment 44534

It's nice to see the industry is paying attention and evolving to give us better options :)

Unable to find if the wall and roof construction is wood or aluminum.

If it is the standard wood spars with fiberglass panels. Hard pass.

That's the one thing I didn't see mentioned anywhere either. It's a fiberglass outer shell and pvc roof. No other information about the construction, the frame or the "nimble suspension."

View attachment 44534

What are you looking to get?

Dutchmen Kodiak 227BH. Anita wants it for long term comfortable beach camping. I'm trying to talk her into one of the three Little Guy trailers I've found on Craigslist. It's not going well...

1539869994_model_image_Kodiak_Ultimate.png

Look at a Little Guy Max - that is what I have in Huntsville.

21' long, only 3100 lbs dry, single axle. Comfortable, and not a behemoth!

If it were just Anita and I that would work. Looking for something in a bunk house design for Skylar and friends / cousins. The msrp on that particular little guy is also 3 times what that Kodiak costs. :D

I just passed one of these on the freeway and it looked like a good size. The roof didn’t stick up past the cab/shell of the pickup. It did make me wonder about head room though.

I have no experience towing a single axle trailer... going on faith and mysticism, and of course I read it on the internet...I've heard that single axle trailers are a pain to pull, they tend to wander a lot.

The double size beds in bunk layout are the best for kids... there always seems to be more than just my two every time I go anywhere...

If it were just Anita and I that would work. Looking for something in a bunk house design for Skylar and friends / cousins. The msrp on that particular little guy is also 3 times what that Kodiak costs. :D

They are (were?) quite a bit less expensive in Alabama than Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom