Ford Tremor: More Power Wagonny than a Power Wagon?

Code Red

Adventurist
Looks like Ford is actually putting together a real off-road heavy hauler - filling in the gaps between what the original Power Wagon was, but the new one isn't.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/for...mor-first-look-earth-moving-off-road-package/

Now that the Power Wagon has some competition, maybe we'll see Ram up their game with the Cummins and payload that everybody's been asking for since 2005.

I mentioned it to my wife and saw a glimmer of "maybe" as she considered it as a replacement for her old F250.

TREMOR-MAIN_i.jpg

Now all I need is $75,000....

Great looking truck, although I think they could have come up with something besides the Tremor name badge. Prior to the half-assed attempt to resurrect the Lighting that was the F150 Tremor there was a Tremor package for the Ranger...it offered some color matching exterior parts and a subwoofer. The Tremor package was never well received by Ford followers....sort of like the Ranger Thunderbolt package...

Hopefully Ford does this one right.

Completely agree on the awful name and the awfuller price. But if Ford really gives you all the offroad goodies and keeps a reasonable HD payload, (we'll see. Ford still hasn't released the numbers) then these will be the only trucks in that category.

How expensive something is depends a lot on how long you expect to keep it. I'll leave the quality comparison out of it, but I will admit to having a 1993 F350 and a 2005 F250 in the driveway. I've had the F350 for 20 years, and my wife has driven the F250 since new.

I need another Ford Truck like a hole in the head, but these tempt me . . . But then so does the Old Power Wagon, the new Bison, the Ranger, every Land Cruiser I've ever seen, old Taco's, old CJ's, Willys Pickups, Scouts, old Suburbans, and Crown Vics. I have a problem.

Last edited:
I need another Ford Truck like a hole in the head, but these tempt me . . . But then so does the Old Power Wagon, the new Bison, the Ranger, every Land Cruiser I've ever seen, old Taco's, old CJ's, Willys Pickups, Scouts, old Suburbans, and Crown Vics. I have a problem.

This :lol

Being tempted isn't the problem...giving in to the temptation is. Between my wife and I we've owned close to 35 vehicles in the past 20 years.......crap......I think I just figured out where all my money went.

Well it's out, and it's looking pretty good. As bright shiny objects that I shouldn't be looking at go, this one's drool worthy.

They kept the payload and towing in line with regular Super Duty's, fitted a Warn 12K in a factory looking bumper, and it comes on 35's in gas or diesel.

And it costs a lot more than my first house.

It's great that Ford is offering a factory winch, but somebody needs to show the OEM's what's important in a winch mount beyond simple aesthetics - no visual on the DRUM is a thumbs down from me. Also, a 12,000 lb winch on an F250/F350 size truck is not ideal for the job. I'd like to see a 16,000 lb winch for a Super Duty, especially loaded down with camping gear and people.

1579047484278.jpg

I really, really like this truck. At the end of the day it's just a bit too much money. But dang Ford really did put a nice package together and both the gasser and the diesel are solid motors. The PW does have some competition now but still takes the win off road.

It's quite easy to configure a Super Duty these days and push toward $100,000. It's part of Ford's stupid pricing structure where they rebate and discount the crap out of their over inflated MSRPs and accelerate their product's depreciation. I'm a blue oval fan but their accountants are jerks. Probably why they just posted a billion dollar shortfall...

TFL posted their moab trip with a PW, AT4 HD and the Tremor. The results were predictable. Most off-road worthy: the PW, Most Road worthy: the AT4. the Tremor fits in the middle. Better at off-road things than the AT4, better at on-road things than the PW.

I think the new Fords are nice, but my Mopar fetish is stronger than ever. I’d like to see a Tremor in the flesh before I form any real opinion, and you can be damn sure I’ll be looking for that onboard espresso maker and whiskey still....

;)

Back
Top Bottom