Ford Bronco's return

Not Ford related, but Toyota made this mistake (my opinion) for many years.

Land Cruiser
4Runner
FJ Cruiser
Sequoia
Highlander
RAV4

Some of these have evolved, but overall at one time they were competing in the same space for attention and dollars. Confusing, and a “lean six sigma” nightmare for the supply chain.

Meanwhile, rumor is Ford is going to spin off the Bronco name as its own brand, and they are also looking to add a Raptor variant into the line up.

So there are 7 trims plus the sasquatch package now plus a potential truck and/or another Raptor child.

It’s fascinating to watch the typical Ford model proliferation here. And remember there is also the Bronco Sport.

:crazy

I'm really surprised that out of all the tires that ford could pick, they chose the goodyear wrangler as the stock offering. I had them on two vehicles initially, and both times I couldn't wait for them to wear out and get something different. They were mediocre at best.

I was was almost killed in Africa in 2009. Tire failed at speed during a real world CASEVAC mission (responding to injured Marines who had a 60mm mortar round detonate in their faces). Tire failure caused the vehicle to slam sideways, ejecting me in full battle rattle about 150 feet. TBI, broken pelvis, broken arm, and two broken ribs. Almost died that day.

The tires? Goodyear Wranglers.

Never again.

I was was almost killed in Africa in 2009. Tire failed at speed during a real world CASEVAC mission (responding to injured Marines who had a 60mm mortar round detonate in their faces). Tire failure caused the vehicle to slam sideways, ejecting me in full battle rattle about 150 feet. TBI, broken pelvis, broken arm, and two broken ribs. Almost died that day.

Never again.
:eek:

Never again.
Well crap.
2951789.jpg

Wait a minute. What's going on with that rear window? Is that something like a Defender gullwing window and equipment storage?

Screenshot_20201008-175705_Instagram.jpg

Maybe. I’m just distracted by the cheesy looking fender flares... the more I look at them the more they look like an afterthought.

o_O

Wait a minute. What's going on with that rear window? Is that something like a Defender gullwing window and equipment storage?

View attachment 53472
Here’s the video that accompanies that pick...
In it the narrator mentions that those panels are a Ford prototype being considered for the overlanding market. Not gullwings but panels to mount stuff on or to keep an interior load from shifting and breaking a window.

Maybe. I’m just distracted by the cheesy looking fender flares... the more I look at them the more they look like an afterthought.

o_O
I dunno, I kind of like the minimalist, more classic look of those flares. I’ve never liked the front flares on the JK/JL models, just goofy looking, but different body styles dictate different designs I guess.

The aftermarket will kick in and people will change ‘em up to their liking anyways.

Those fender flares remind me of that hack where people cut up a kiddie swimming pool, spray paint them black and screw them on a trail rig.

Back
Top Bottom