Ford Bronco's return

It's interesting how the rear frame is pinched and the support for the rear coilover bridges and caps the entire indent.

Bronco_parts_13 (1).jpg
Bronco_parts_21 (1).jpg

I wonder if the 5.0L I put in my Ranger would fit in a Bronco?

That would be interesting...

Yes it would.

I’m a bit Leary of turbos in off-road vehicles. Granted my experience is from rushing down blacktop a quarter mile at a time in a turbo Buick, but that taught me that turbos like a lot of preventative maintenance and room to spool. And I get mixed reviews from people with F150s with the turbo motors. Towing seems to kill them.

I’m a bit Leary of turbos in off-road vehicles.

I am as well if for no other reason than the premium fuel and clean air. I've gotten a few tanks of bad gas in my day and it's one thing in the old antiquated push-rod tractor motor under the hood of my Jeep. A modern computer control turbo motor tuned for optimum emissions will be a lot less forgiving. Having driven a forced induction car before, it's very unnerving when it starts to ping and detonate from non-premium fuel.

I am not a fan of turbos, either.

I'm surprised there aren't more supercharged motors. Ford had the 3.8 V6 in the Super Coupe (inside out built for the supercharger) and then there was the F150 Lightening and '03 Cobra both of which were supercharged V8's. I like the smooth torque curve of a supercharger over the lag of a turbo. Still need premium gas, an intercooler, and clean air.

I'm surprised there aren't more supercharged motors. Ford had the 3.8 V6 in the Super Coupe (inside out built for the supercharger) and then there was the F150 Lightening and '03 Cobra both of which were supercharged V8's. I like the smooth torque curve of a supercharger over the lag of a turbo. Still need premium gas, an intercooler, and clean air.

Those were all good motors.

My 5.0L can run on 87, but likes 93 octane much better.

The 7.3l available in the Super Duty line is a beast of an engine. I doubt it will ever find its way into the F150. It's sad the 6.2l was only ever available in the Raptor, I like it quite a bit in my F250.

You can still get the 5.0 V8 in an f150 but there's a premium up charge to do so.

The 7.3l available in the Super Duty line is a beast of an engine. I doubt it will ever find its way into the F150. It's sad the 6.2l was only ever available in the Raptor, I like it quite a bit in my F250.

You can still get the 5.0 V8 in an f150 but there's a premium up charge to do so.
Agree, quite excited to see how the 7.3 does long term. Would be a great replacement when my big truck goes.

It is cool. Some training and Tread Lightly ethos is definitely needed.

The downside to this is going to be lots of newbies buying these and then heading out to “send it”, clogging up places like Moab etc.

As this segment continues to grow, it’s getting harder and harder to “get away from it all”.

:coffee

Back
Top Bottom