Ford Bronco's return

Bronco.png

From another forum I visit... Some insider info.

Now, I was let go from Ford (Design Studio) 11 months ago, so I don't know the latest. But back then the FACTS were:

Two and Four Door, although based on sales projections and research I'll be surprised if the two door lasts more than 2-3 years max. Buy one early if you want a two door. Really the two door is only to shut up the 'it's not a real Bronco' Morons who are pissed they aren't going to put the 66 back into production as is.
Ranger Chassis and power train.
Raptor was on again, off again more often than a street hookers undies, last I heard it was off.
While the whole world and the press will see this as head to head with the Jeep, Ford and FCA see themselves as going after slightly different demographics. Wranglers are about rock crawling, Bronco's are about overlanding. This will be far far better over the road and over the desert than a Wrangler.
Door and top removal will be light years better than Wrangler and not require tools, and can be carried with you once removed.
The Bronco Sport is based off the Focus/Escape chassis and drivetrain but will have real off road capability. Better off road than the current KL Cherokee. It's been through every name you can think of including baby Bronco, Bronco II, Maverick etc. IT will have two versions an on and off road with different front and rear fascia, wheels tires, etc to differentiate.

Before Ford let me go I was following the Bronco very very closely. I was 100% going to buy one. I know way more about trim levels, options etc. but while the company let me go I'm still a professional and will not divulge.

In my honest opinion, and I owe nothing to the company, It's going to be awesome.

I'm have no proof, but I'd be willing to bet that "limb risers" are not DOT approved on a production vehicle... wire line looking for a place to decapitate a pedestrian.

I'm a service advisor at a Ford dealership, this is going to be interesting...the Raptor's bring in an interesting demographic, from those that use the truck for it's designed purpose, to the attention whores that drove their truck through a JC Whitney catalog with a $h!at magnet on.

I'm a service advisor at a Ford dealership, this is going to be interesting...the Raptor's bring in an interesting demographic, from those that use the truck for it's designed purpose, to the attention whores that drove their truck through a JC Whitney catalog with a $h!at magnet on.

Just like any other model that is perceived to be better, cooler or in vogue at any given time. Just look at how many Rubicons are sold that never see a speck of dirt or Hellcats that have never been down a quarter mile. Poser cars have always been with us no matter the hobby segment your in.

I don’t know anybody that owns one of the new Rangers. Assuming the Bronco comes with the standard Ranger drivetrain and trim, how reliable has that been? Is the build quality holding up to everyday use? The last Ford I drove was the rental 2014 Superduty I was given when the Tundra was getting serviced, I wasn’t that impressed with the build quality of that.

^^^^I have a new Ranger, I've been happy with the drivetrain so far (still low miles), the 2.3L turbo has been around for a while in other platforms. I see more issues with the V-6 Eco-boosts than I do with the 2.3's. (V-6's have camshaft phaser issues and turbo issues at higher mileage)

Back
Top Bottom