Ford Bronco's return

Trump

Adventurist
Senior Staff
Founding Member
Ford is teasing us...

BBKgtWh.jpg

The shape looks promising.

The shape looks VERY promising. This could be a real competitor for the Wrangler etc if they do this right.

This is the one vehicle on the horizon I might consider trading for. Can't wait to see it!

Wheel arches look good, I see a rear mounted spare tire, and my fingers are crossed for something that's not FJ Cruiser-ish with goofy styling and boatloads of plastic trim...

Wheel arches look good, I see a rear mounted spare tire, and my fingers are crossed for something that's not FJ Cruiser-ish with goofy styling and boatloads of plastic trim...

Unfortunately Ford is a huge supporter of plastic trim. I just bought my wife a new Ford Edge and the bottom 1/3 of the vehicle is all plastic. That being said I've already torn it apart for some audio upgrades and I was VERY impressed with the standards and tolerances they have these days for their component construction. The fasteners inside the door panels were top notch, the sealing of all the door interior components and under hood items was excellent and the routing of electrical harnesses and the mounting of the components was well thought out. Everything was very solid, even the plastic stuff.

Unfortunately Ford is a huge supporter of plastic trim. I just bought my wife a new Ford Edge and the bottom 1/3 of the vehicle is all plastic. That being said I've already torn it apart for some audio upgrades and I was VERY impressed with the standards and tolerances they have these days for their component construction. The fasteners inside the door panels were top notch, the sealing of all the door interior components and under hood items was excellent and the routing of electrical harnesses and the mounting of the components was well thought out. Everything was very solid, even the plastic stuff.

Not surprised. Overall build quality has increased tenfold across the Big 3. I just hope it looks good, and that the top comes off :D

We had an edge and it was a very solid car with the exception of the major transmission issues that every owner dealt with and ford refused to admit there was. Only on the first 2 years the car was made btw. Literally needed 2 sensors changed and the issue was gone. FYI.

There were reports floating around on the inter-web that there will not be a 2 version of the Bronco. That pic looks promising

There were reports floating around on the inter-web that there will not be a 2 version of the Bronco. That pic looks promising

The one under the tarp is definitely 2 doors, but note how the wheel arches look different from the photo I posted

Agree, that movie bronco, I think, is a concept truck from 2004. I read yet another article that said Dana is supplying the axles, so maybe solid? That would be fantastic. It will need big wheel wells to compete with Jeep.

A glimpse of it in the Rampage movie preview?

View attachment 37818

Somewhere I read that Ford has already shot this down. That was a concept from the mid 2000's. Ford has said that there may be design cues taken from that concept, but that the final version will not match it. There have been some sharp photoshop creations done by Bronco enthusiasts over the years that Ford designers have admitted to being partial too as well.

images.jpg

bronco6g-fordbronco1-1500469458.jpg

2020-ford-bronco-release-date.jpg

2020-ford-bronco-render001-1.jpg

2020-FORD-BRONCO-1-e1484169572154-810x405.jpg

bronco6g-fordbronco-rear3-1499779040.jpg

You have to admit though the Ford Troller T4 body lines look very similar to whatever is under that cloth.

troller.jpg

2020-Ford-Bronco-front.jpg

Back
Top Bottom